Top 10 Posters

MYSTERY QUILT COMING SOON

Page 16 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,404 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:53 PM

I posted fabrics in media .. I wonder if someone could give me your opinion of these.. These are the only ones I had enough yardage for.. boo boo I may have to go shopping...lol..

Thanks everyone

Kelley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kris:

I'll be using my easy angle ruler for all those HST's since I won't have to deal with those eighths of inches.

I'm getting my head all wrapped around rulers and getting myself confused. I need a course on rulers! I have the All In One Ruler by That Patchwork Place that does HST's. You cut the strips and use the 1/2 mark on the angle end. So do I change the size of the strips when I am cutting if I'm using 1/2" instead of 7/8"?

I also have the Guidelines4quilting ruler set and it does HST's. They base it on a finished square. What size strip do I use when I'm cutting?

I don't think I understand the 1/2", 7/8" or finished size. I'll even give you my phone number if someone can talk me through this.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Nana--

Can I join the MQ #3 group as just an observer and cheerleader?

Kissimmee, FL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:08 PM

Kelly,

Love your fabrics...I will post mine tonight....let me know what you think

Cindy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,702
Points 179,708
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:20 PM

Kris:
I'll be using my easy angle ruler

Kris, can you tell me about the easy angle ruler system again and let me know where I could buy it, I'm ready to invest in the system, it'll make it a lot easier for the HST's we need in this quilt.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Joyce Brenden:

Nana--

Can I join the MQ #3 group as just an observer and cheerleader?

I'm not Nana but come on and join us.  There are several of us being cheerleaders and we can always use reinforcement.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

eesvette:

Nana, I can't post from the MQ3 site.  It says "access denied" and I already joined.  My quesstion is:  I have the accuquilt 3 1/2" triangle die. (3 inch finished size.  Can I use my die to cut my triangles for the HSQs?

Elizabeth 

Elizabeth,

You can't start a new thread in the MQ group.  Only the moderatior can do that, but you should be able to ask a question in the thread that is already started.  Just click on reply in any of the posts already there, then type in your question.  Hope this helps.

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:29 PM

Diane Morgan:
I also have the Guidelines4quilting ruler set and it does HST's. They base it on a finished square. What size strip do I use when I'm cutting?

The finished size is three inches so you should set your "tape" (can't think of the correct word right now) at 3 then add the HST add-on.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:31 PM

Marie,

you can find the Easy Angle ruler at Jo-Ann's or at your LQS. For three inch finished HST it calls for a 3.5 inch strip instead of 3.875. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:20 PM

Cindy

Have a great time in Nassau and have a fruity drink on the beach for me.....

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kris:

Diane Morgan:

The finished size is three inches so you should set your "tape" (can't think of the correct word right now) at 3 then add the HST add-on.

That's what I needed.Thank yo so much, Kris.

I have an easy angle somewhere, too but haven't seen that little ruler in a long time. It's out in the sunroom somewhere. I'll find it someday when I'm not looking for it. lol

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:21 PM

Diane

It sounds like you have had an absolutely awesome day....you go girl.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:23 PM

eesvette:

Nana, I can't post from the MQ3 site.  It says "access denied" and I already joined.  My quesstion is:  I have the accuquilt 3 1/2" triangle die. (3 inch finished size.  Can I use my die to cut my triangles for the HSQs?

Elizabeth 

Elizabeth

I answered over in groups as well.....I am not sure how the accuquilt dies work.   If you end up with the same size as you would if you cut triangles from a 3 7/8 in square then you should be ok.   But I really don't know for sure.

Vinton, Virginia

• Filed under:
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Nana:

Diane

It sounds like you have had an absolutely awesome day....you go girl.

Nana~

I did have a good day. You know what I just discovered? I ordered twice as much fabric as what I needed for MQ3. I was thinking 2 lts, med, darks....oh, what a pity! To the stash it goes. Now I have enough to drive you nuts with 2 quilts instead of one. 

I bet you are tired tonight. MQ3 is causing more excitement than the Emmy Awards. I read about MQ3 in our local newspaper this evening. lol

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,702
Points 179,708
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:46 PM

Thanks Kris, i'm going to JoAnne's tomorrow and I'll check it out.  I thought you were talking about the system your MIL bought you and Diane and I want one for Christmas.

So sorry about the loss of the teenager today.  Prayers are going out for him his family and friends and you and your co-workers.  Terrible thing.

Millbury, MA

Page 16 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use