Top 10 Posters

MYSTERY QUILT COMING SOON

Page 15 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,404 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:48 PM

UPDATE

There have been changes made to the fabric requirements and cutting instuctions due to some typos.   Please check these out before buying fabric.  Sorry for the inconvience.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:57 PM

nana, didn't you say we should just buy 10 yards of everything in the shop  and then we would be covered?   :   )    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:17 PM

gini:

nana, didn't you say we should just buy 10 yards of everything in the shop  and then we would be covered?   :   )    gini

Gini

That sounds like a perfect plan.   Yep with that purchase you should be able to make anything you want.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Nana:

Spudgrandma:
Shopping is always fun, I say go for it ladies...... How is that for cheering you all on???

Thanks for the cheers Spud.  I think we can definitely use them.....LOL.

ROFLOL, since when did any quilter need a cheerleader to shop? I've been smelling burning plastic all day, I'm afraid some of ya'll have melted your plastic money. LOL! My goodness, the excitement surrounding this MQ surpasses the previous two. Nana, you better get some rest cuz I'm thininking they are gonna keep you mighty busy!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:46 PM

Pat Lancaster:
Nana, you better get some rest cuz I'm thininking they are gonna keep you mighty busy!

Pat

I know they sure have kept me busy today.  But that's ok.  I am having fun too.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Good afternoon, My Little Quilties!

I am having a splendiferous day! First at 3:00 a.m. the instructions were posted by QCA fairies. My sighing and turning on iights and humming and sending in the cat brigade woke up DH fairly early so we could go on our LQS shopping spree.

#2. And what to my wondering eyes did appear in my little pocket pouch bag that I use when I go out in the real world.......drum rool, please.......the missing quilted star pillow top that I could not find last week. Taa daa!!!!!! nana, you were right, it was in a safe place.

#3. It is so hot out that we decided to go out for lunch and I had real pizza. Very bad for me but I came home and loaded up on some meds. It was gooooooooood.

#4. Went to the QS. Got the additional Cmas fabric I needed for the swap. Looked at the fabric but nothing bit me.

#5. Came back home and ordered what I originally liked from Connecting Threads. I am all set on my fabric for the MQ3. I just hope they ship quick. Also, bought some thread that I needed that the QS didn't have.

#6. Now it is getting dark out and Earl, the hurricane is on his way. It has been downgraded to tropical storm with cooling temps on the other side from the west. We're far enough inland that it'll be a rain storm which we need. I'll take it!

So I am a happy little quilter bee today.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Pat Lancaster:

Nana:

Spudgrandma:
Shopping is always fun, I say go for it ladies...... How is that for cheering you all on???

Thanks for the cheers Spud.  I think we can definitely use them.....LOL.

ROFLOL, since when did any quilter need a cheerleader to shop? I've been smelling burning plastic all day, I'm afraid some of ya'll have melted your plastic money. LOL! My goodness, the excitement surrounding this MQ surpasses the previous two. Nana, you better get some rest cuz I'm thininking they are gonna keep you mighty busy!

Well now everyone can blame me when they spend all that money.  They can just say Spud made me do it, I could not resist her cheering.... LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Dianne

You have been a busy little bee today but it sounds like you had lots of fun.

We don't have a decent LQS there is one little one but it is tiny and it is things that we can buy online anyway and with a huge markup so I will look online instead and still have fun so I am glad we have some time.

One of our fabric company's is so quick I ordered some fabric in the afternoon and it arrived at 7pm the next morning so it is quick but I like to stroke the fabic and hug the bolts and so on LOL.

Hampshire, England

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

We'll I went and bought Fabric today, for MQ3, I love the fabric But still not sure  if its what I want. I think I will wait till next week when I go on my shop hop and see what I find, so I don't think I will cut yet.LOL decision's  decision's

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Good for you Diane, sounds like you had a fun and productive day.  I have been productive myself, though it is the kind of productive only I will notice.  I went to my sewing room to gather up all the stuff for Davids quilt and put it away ahead of my trip.  I cannot do anything else until I order more fabric and will have to do that when I get home.  So, I organized my 3-ring binders and put labels on the end, that shows on the shelf, so I would have somewhat of an idea what is in them. It seems every time I go to look for directions or a pattern I pull every one of them off the shelf and look inside to see what's in there.  I still have a lot of stuff to gather for Davids quilt, so will try to get that done this afternoon.

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself also. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Spudgrandma:
I'm feeling quite pleased with myself also

Woohoo You Go spud. After I went to LQS I had to go do a ladies hair for her, I do her hair and she brings me back Olive Oil when she goes to Italy, fair trade I think. Then I had to go fix my Mom's hair, I usually do it on Friday's when I get off work, (She's so spoiled) LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

WTG Leslie.  It looks like most everyone is having a productive day.  It feels good to accomplish something for a change, instead of feeling like I frittered the whole day away.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 3,305

Nana, I can't post from the MQ3 site.  It says "access denied" and I already joined.  My quesstion is:  I have the accuquilt 3 1/2" triangle die. (3 inch finished size.  Can I use my die to cut my triangles for the HSQs?

Elizabeth 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 4:21 PM

gini:

Boy Gini,

We would definitely be "covered" if we bought that much fabric. I like your way of thinking though. I have a few choices ready but I ordered 9 different fabrics that I just can't live without. I'll narrow down my choices later next week.

I'll be using my easy angle ruler for all those HST's since I won't have to deal with those eighths of inches.

Can't wait to see the fabric choices. I really like Nana's.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 4:58 PM

Yea, I'm a member now....I can talk with you all.  Today I was worried about my fabric...I had already selected fabric from  my stash which I felt was perfect, however I was worried I didn't have enough to complete the project with boarders and all.  I had to go into town so I went by my local quilt shop and bought some additional red fabric.  I was angry with myself because I had vowed not purchase more fabric.  (with a closet stuffed with fabric...did I really need more)  I got my 3 yards of red fabric home ( which by the way is almost exactly like the red I already had) and my new red is more perfect than the last.  Don't things just work out.

I am getting a little confused by all the direction changes...but I will figure it out.  I'm going to settle in after a full day and enjoy a glass of wine...I will talk with you all in about 10 days I'm off the Nassau this weekend.

Have a Great Quilting Week

Cindy

Page 15 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use