Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 9 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 930
Terri-Lynn Posted: Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:04 AM

Hi all!  My name is Terri-Lynn, and I'm from central Ontario. My baby girl is all grown up and heading off to college this fall, and my SO works out West most of the time, so I figured this is the perfect time to turn my fabric collection into some actual finished quilts (typing a bit red-faced as I admit to having only finished a handful of quilts  since being bitten by the bug at least five+  years ago, though my fabric stash is nicely growing!).  And since I'm getting serious about it, I figured it's about time I joined your club...something I've wanted to do for a while now.  I look forward to making new friends, and being inspired by y'all.

Always,

Terri-Lynn 

Always,

Terri-Lynn

So much fabric, so little time!

Itchin' to be Stitchin'.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,803
Points 352,157
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:40 AM

Welcome to the group Terri-Lynn. It's great to have you with us. When you have more time check out the UFO group. Perhaps you will be inspired to finish some more projects. There are lots of projects going on to help you use up your stash as well.

Have fun on the site.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 5:44 AM
Welcome Terri-Lynn.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:33 AM

Terri-Lynn

Welcome to the site.  Hope you drop in and chat with us frequently.  You will find lots of inspiration here....I know I have.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:39 AM

Terri-Lynn, It is a pleasure to meet you.  Another Canadian friend.  I am involved in this quilting thing 24 hours aday.  I even find myself waking up to ideas about quilts and I have one of those stashes... and it keeps growing... decided this summer that I am going to start using up my stash as backings for my quilts. 

I hope you like it here as it is a great place with a great group of quilter's.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,934
gini replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 10:06 AM

hi terri-lynn   welcome to our group.   actually fabric collecting and quilting are two separate entities, and collecting one has little to do with the other.    i collect fabrics, but when i need to make a quilt, somehow i find myself going out and buying fabric for it?   i hope you enjoy it here and ind some inspiration. you can find a lot of good info here, too,   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 589
Points 5,919
Bonnie replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 10:55 AM

WELCOME Terri-Lynn!!  It is sooo great to have join us.  This is the best place to help you thru that "empty nest" syndrome.  The inspiration here is incredible.  This is the best group ever.  So many fun things to do.  Hope you jump in to next MQ3 that is coming up really soon.

Bonnie, NorCal

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:08 PM

Hi Terri-Lynn,From one newbie to another , nice to meet you .this is a great site with lots of good converstaion and great people.they are so great about helping if you have any concerns...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Welcome Terri- Lynn.  We have quilte a few Canadians in this group now.  Enjoy everything this site has to offer including the many years of quilting experience these ladies are more than willing to share with all.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 62,732

Terri-Lynn--

So nice to meet you.  Welcome to the greatest site on the web.  Everyone here is super friendly and caring and you couldn't find a better resource for all things quilty.  I can't recall any questions that have ever gone unanswered.  The camaraderie is like having your own quilt guild right at home.  Enjoy and stop in often.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forums, Terri-Lynn!

Gillette, WY

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 930

Wow! I'd just like to say "Thank you!!" to everyone for the very warm and lovely welcome!  From the quick peek I got last night before I headed off to bed, and then the responses I received in my e-mail tonight, I know I'm gonna love it here!  Everyone seems so very nice, and inspiration is everywhere I look.  :)  What a very nice community!

Always,

Terri-Lynn

So much fabric, so little time!

Itchin' to be Stitchin'.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 2,715
Pat replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 11:25 PM

Welcome Terri-Lynn, so glad you joined QCA.  I'm sure you will love it here.  There is soo much a gal can learn on here, and everyone is very glad to help with any questions.

Happy Quilting,

Pat..........In Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Wed, Aug 11 2010 7:33 AM

Welcome Terri-Lynn, you are in for one of the greatest experiences of your life, I know it was for me.  Loving, caring, knowledgeable, funny, crazy bunch of quilters in the world.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Wed, Aug 11 2010 7:49 AM

Barbara:
From one newbie to another 

Barbara, if I haven't welcomed you before I'm doing it now.  I can see you already now what a great site this is.  Hope you ar enjoying not only the help and friendship but the craziness also.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use