Civil War quilt

Page 3 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 33 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 400

Oh my gosh! That is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for the pic. Now how am I going to wait until after Christmas to start my quilt looking at this inspriation? LOL Your colors are beautiful! I'll remember your changes when I start mine. I've been piecing for a long time but still new at applique. I can only hope mine turns out 1/2 as gorgeous as yours. Nice job! Are you going to enter that beauty in a show? You should! Sewgrateful

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,212
Points 253,399
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 21 2010 10:05 AM

Brenda,I just now saw this picture and I'm just blown away, this has to be one of the most beautiful quilts ,I've ever seen. You have done a marvelous job .You are just so talented .Thanks so much for sharing this with us..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,847
Points 181,453
Marie replied on Sat, Aug 21 2010 10:43 AM

Brenda, absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 1,245
Brenda H replied on Tue, Aug 24 2010 8:01 PM

Thanks for all the nice words for my quilt.  I've been looking for pictures I took at our local quilt show a year ago that had completed quilts from the class, but I couldn't find them.  Some quilters made some of the star blocks twice and didn't do the applique, others used a big print in the middle.  Now, there are some nice Civil War/patriotic  type panels you may be able to put in the middle.  If I can get the quilting finished by the middle of the summer, I may enter it in the show for September.  Maybe some of the others from the class will be finished by then too.  One of the quilters was supposed to do an applique of an eagle in the middle instead of the flowers, I really would like to see that.  Have fun with your crib quilt.

Brenda

Brenda H

Page 3 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use