Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 33 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 11:55 AM

Brenda, have you thought about a sampler quilt?  That would surely be most appropiate, and beautiful with reproduction fabric.  JMHO

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 1,245
Brenda H replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 7:29 PM

Sewgrateful was looking for patterns for her crib quilt, I just suggested a place to look.  I did  a Stars Around the Garden BOM class two years ago using Civil War repro fabrics that was appliqued in the center and different star blocks on the outside.  I'm really pleased how it came out.  It's a queen size and I'm still hand quilting it.  Too hot this summer to work on it, but hopefully it will cool off in another month or so.

Brenda

Brenda H

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 400

Hey Brenda, I just bought Kansas Trouble, Summers End fabrics to make the Stars Around The Garden quilt. Would love to see a pic of your quilt when you're done. I won't even start mine until I finish up some UFO's that I need to get done for a Quilt Show in Oct. It's just a small show the Guild I'm in is putting on. Hopefully I can start Stars Around the Garden after Christmas. Sewgrateful

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 1,245
Brenda H replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 12:46 PM

Sewgratful, this is a picture of my finished Stars Around  the Garden quilt top.  It may take a while before it is completely finished.  I changed the applique background a little.  Instead of using the 3 x 3 blocks, I used 9 x9 and had to through in a 6 x 9 in each row and the border.  Also, for most of the square in square centers for the star block, I did paper piecing.  This was recommended by the instructor of the class.  I also used the 1/4 square and 1/2 square triangle rulers alot.  These were something else I learned to use in the class.  I think it helped keep my piecing more accurate because I was working with strips instead of trying to cut the triangles up then putting them together.  I ended up using more fabrics in some of the blocks than the pattern called for, too.  I really enjoyed making this quilt, hope you will too.

Brenda

Brenda H

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 1,245
Brenda H replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 12:59 PM

I took me several tries to get the picture inserted.

Brenda

Brenda H

• | Post Points: 110
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Brenda,

That is gorgeous!!  I love the colors, too.  You did a fabulous job. 

Prairie Dog

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,932
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 3:35 PM

Beautiful quilt Brenda. Nice work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 3:44 PM

Brenda

OH MY>>>>   That is stunning.  I really love everything about it...the fabrics, the blocks and the applique.  You have done an amazing job.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Brenda--

I love, love, love your quilt.  Everything about it is GOR-GE-OUS.  I just did a search for the pattern and noticed that the borders are scrappy and without the applique.  Your way is better, I think--or maybe some combination of the two.  In any case, I've got to get this pattern to add to my "someday" pile.  Thanks for the inspiration!

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,932
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 7:13 PM

Joyce,

the pattern is available in two colour ways. The Kansas Troubles version has the pieced border and no appliqué while the civil war repro is like Brenda's. I like this version better also. I've been shopping around for a BOM or kit for this project for a while now.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 2,260
Libby replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 7:21 PM

Brenda, beautiful quilt and work. Nice job. Libby

Libby

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Kris--

Did you check here:  www.thevillagequiltshop.ca  The website says there are 3 kits in stock.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 8:25 PM

oh my gosh brenda, that is stunning. and who are the two cuties holding it for y ou?    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,932
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 8:36 PM

Joyce Brenden:
Kris--

Did you check here:  www.thevillagequiltshop.ca  The website says there are 3 kits in stock.

Joyce,

I did look there. I didn't read carefully though. Didn't realise they have kits. Thanks for pointing that out.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 4,985
Annette replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 10:44 PM

Brenda - Beautiful quilt.  Great job!

Annette

Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use