rated by 0 users
This post has 37 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Aug 9 2010 9:32 PM

I added some that will hopefully work. 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Mon, Aug 9 2010 9:35 PM

thanks nancy,  we can't add tags to other peoples' posts or i  would do it myself.     this is a great resource on frames   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Aug 9 2010 9:37 PM

You'd think a librarian would always remember to add tags!  :-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Mon, Aug 9 2010 9:38 PM

you would think that someone who is always asking other folks to add tags, could add them herself.   this is not one of my strong suits here   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:05 AM

Nancy,

I haven't had those issues. My frame setup is bigger than any quilt I've made and I have no trouble getting to the bobbin. I simply move my machine to the open area (usually the right side of the frame).

The handles on the frame are very easy. I don't have to squeeze anything like the grace frame. I have the quilter's cruise control (stitch regulator) and I attached the starter to my handles with velcro, the kid used to keep electrical cords neat.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:22 AM

Here's a photo of the handles on my frame:

If you don't have a stitch regulator the frame has it's own speed control (the dial in the middle). The switch to the right of that is the start/stop button. This is where you would control your machine. You don't need the foot pedal.

With the grace frame the handle(s) is/are squeezed to depress the foot pedal (photo below) I would have a hard time with that too.

I don't think the other grace frames aren't like this one.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 7,035
Shellie replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:37 PM

Thanks for adding the photo Kris, that is exactly what I was talking about.  I was actually developing blisters in the palm of my hand from pushing that handle on the right.  As I said the ski glove helped a lot, but there is still major wrist and finger strain.  Since I got the larger throat machine I found I can actually quilt better and faster without the frame (since I don't have to take breaks every 5 minutes to let my hands recover), but I am still very glad I bought it as while using it I learned a lot about the process of actually quilting and now I enjoy the quilting as much as I do the piecing.  Just waiting for the temperature to cool down enough that I can stand having a quilt in my lap all day!

Shellie - south central Washington state

Linaria Dalmatica Designs

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 960

with the Janome MC6600 I can turn down the speed of the machine and run it without the foot pedel so I am thinking it will work well in that frame. But I don't know for sure so any answers would help.

And how do you add tags????

Marty from TX

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 4:27 PM

marty, when you click on a reply, at the bottom of the box you write your reply in    there will be a place to type in your tags.   type your tag in and then post the reply like you normally would   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 4:28 PM

marty   i always forget to make tags, and it is so easy. well, easy to forget and easy to do.  it is especially nice when you want to go back and find a thread.  we can only add tags to our own posts.    gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 960

Thanks gini I had to look around for the replay because I thought you could only use the quick replay and then I found the other replay and from there the tag show up. I am not real good on the computer but I am learning

Marty

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Tue, Aug 10 2010 6:05 PM

marty,  this site has forced me to learn basic computer stuff,  you will get better and quicker at finding things here, but isn't this a fun site, even if we're forced to learn computer stuff   ?    gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 960

HI Gini

Yes I love this site and the group of quilters her are more fun and have more know how then I could ever hope to tap into. Where we live there are no quilting clubs around. So this takes the place of the clubs and guilds that  I had back in Washington State. but I would not go back there to live the weather is just to bad for us.

Marty from TX

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Thu, Aug 12 2010 11:00 AM

marty, where did you lve in washington.  central washington has pretty warm and dry weather    gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 960

Hi

we lived over in western WA in the Olympia area. Yes it was pretty and green all the time but for at least 9 months out of the year the clouds were gray and rainey. My sister still lives there and they are just now getting there summer. The first part of Aug she was still building a fire in her wood stove. So where we live now is so much nicer as the weather goes. We are in deep east TX and we love it the winters are around 60-70 almost all winter and the summers are warm into the high 90-105.

The bad thing about here is I have to travel at least 70 miles or more to go to a fabric store. ( but it sure is fun because I get to buy a lot at one time) My DH just helps me carry it all and then just grones at the check out.

Marty from TX

Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use