Hi all

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 122
Points 2,583
sqweakyquilter Posted: Sat, May 23 2009 10:02 AM

My name is Alice and I have been a sporatic quilter since 1992.  My  husband says I have a lot of imput(stash) but not much output!  Recently retired so hope to have the stash dwindle soon.  I just finished the "Very Hungry Caterpillar" kit from Fons & Porter for my grandson's 5th birthday.  The book is one of his favorites and we had a special day together at a childrens story time where it was read to the children present.  I also made two pillarcases to match so he and a friend can read together on the quilt. My next quilt is a queen size French Braid quilt in shades of red to gold.

By the way, this is the first forum I have joined; looking forward to making new friends and finding out what others are doing with their quilting.

Alice, Roanoke, VA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 33,930

Love your user name Alice! And the input/output. Doesn't your husband realize that with the value added the output more than equals the input? :)

Jodie

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 122
Points 2,583

What can you expect, he is a man who lives in his own world and I don't really want to go there often, his world involves the clarinet and is noisy!

Alice, Roanoke, VA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 10
Nanette replied on Sat, Jun 6 2009 12:43 PM

I can also sympathize. Although my husband declares to understand my stash (which is huge by the way) he seems to forget that there was a time he spent alot on computer stuff (he's a techie).

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 95

This is my first post also, but I had to respond when I saw Alice's home!  I'm orginally from Petersburg, Va.  I now live in Tucson, Az. and love it!  Virginia is beautiful but I don't miss the winters or the humidity.

I have sewn this high school but didn't want to quilt since I sewed and did machine embroidery but the MD's wife that I worked for got me hooked and now my stash is worse than ever!  I do have a wonderful husband who likes to add to my stash.  I convinced him to learn to quilt so that I could get my 2nd Bernina (he thinks it's his)!  I believe when I retire that I'll have enough to keep me busy even if I can't afford to ever buy more fabric.  I wish I had more time to sew.  i was just able to transfer to a office closer to my home and hope to make more time to sew since my travel time will decreased and I can even come home for lunch some days now.  I  plan to trry for 15 minutes a day and that will hopefully allow me to finish some of my UFO's!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,610
Points 418,114
gini replied on Sun, May 16 2010 11:29 AM

alice, i can only speak for my self,  but i wouldn't count on the stash dwindling.    mine just keeps growing and growing.   i look forward to seeing your french braid quilt  i realy like the pattern.   someday, when i  stop the acquisitions,   i might have time to go through my stash and make a french braid.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,610
Points 418,114
gini replied on Sun, May 16 2010 11:31 AM

AZ10GRAM, welcome.      good plotting on getting another bernina.      we have a group here dedicated to the piles of ufo's, we'ld love to have you join us in our madness.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,635
Laura Lee replied on Sun, May 16 2010 11:43 AM

This isn't my first post, but first in a very long time, so seems to be an appropriate place to dive back in.  Hi, AZ Gram!  I'm an AZ snowbird!  We spend the winters in the outback between Wickenburg and Quartzsite.  That desert really grows on you!

I'm in the midst of doing a nursery set for first granddaughter-to-be.  So much fun after doing 3 little boys!  So why am I playing computer games instead of sewing????  There has to be some deep-seated psycological reason for this.  Can't be that I am just having fun.  And the answer is...(drum roll).....Bed skirts, bumpers and laundry bags aren't my favorite things to make.  I'd rather be piecing or quilting!

Aw well!  Later this week I'm going to teach 3 suckers - uh, friends that I've hooked -uh, introduced to quilting how to stipple.  That will be fun.  Hope someone brings chocolate!

Yours in Stitches, Laurainmccall

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forums, AZ Gram!

Laura, hopefully you can take pictures of the get-together! I'd love to see new people learning FMQ!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,318
Points 373,122
Kris replied on Sun, May 16 2010 2:25 PM

Hello and welcome AZ. Join in the UFO group.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use