Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 1,100
Danielle Posted: Thu, May 21 2009 5:47 PM

Hello, everyone!

I just joined this forum today, and can't wait to learn more! I'm very new to quilting, but I've been sewing for almost 2 years. I just finished my first quilt last week! Well....thanks for looking at this!

-- CocoQuilter18

danielle (:

• | Post Points: 110
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 2,650
QCA Peg replied on Thu, May 21 2009 7:42 PM

Welcome!

Congratulations on creating your first quilt! Why don't you take a picture, and send it to admin@quiltersclubofamerica.com and we'll get that posted in Show and Tell! Include a title and description, too. It would be great inspiration for those other first-time quilters.

Hope you enjoy the site!

I

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 34,155

Welcome Danielle!

The quilting bug is the best! There are always new things to learn and quilters are wonderful people. Congrats on completing your first quilt. I bet you have your next one in mind!

Jodie

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 1,100
Danielle replied on Fri, May 22 2009 7:59 AM

Thank you!!

I was thinking about posting a picture of my quilt, but I decided against it since someone I know designed it, not me. Would it be okay to post it as long as I give them credit?

-- Danielle

danielle (:

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 34,155

Yes!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 1,100
Danielle replied on Fri, May 22 2009 11:15 AM

M'kay, I'll get some pics uploaded to my computer sometime today.

Thanks, again!!

-- Danielle

danielle (:

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 122
Points 2,583

Hi Danielle,

Welcome to quilting!  This art form is wonderful, where ever you go, you can find friends at a quilt shop.  This way, you are never a stranger in town.  Enjoy the adventure!

Alice

Alice, Roanoke, VA

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 1,100
Danielle replied on Sat, May 23 2009 11:02 AM

Hello Alice, it's nice to meet you!

Thanks for the kind welcome. :)

-- Danielle

danielle (:

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 34,155

Do you think we need to start a dog thread, and a kitty one, so we can post pictures? 

:) Jodie

• Filed under: ,
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 122
Points 2,583

Danielle,

What quilt pattern did you use for your first quilt?  Also, which style quilts do you like the most?

I did the traditional quilts to learn sewing techniques and am trying to go into art quilts using my photos and art principles I have learned in classes on painting.  The journey is so fun!

Alice

Alice, Roanoke, VA

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Hello.  I'm new too.  I really don't know my way around.  I've posted on these types of pages but can't find my way back to see responses. 

Congrats on your first quilt.  I finished my first one on Mother's day for my mom.  I was like a child showing mom what I can do.  Great fun! 

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 1,100
Danielle replied on Mon, May 25 2009 7:54 AM

That's be awesome to have a pet thread! :)

Alice, I'm not really sure what style it was; I was taking a quilting class at a craft store and the quilt I made was one that the teacher designed. :)

Hi there, congrats on your first quilt too; I bet your mom loved it! Welcome and have fun on here! :)

-- Danielle

danielle (:

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 34,155

I just started a new forum topic under "Off Topic" for pets and posted a picture of my three basket snugglers. Show us your quilting buddies!

~Jodie

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110
kfenrich replied on Fri, Aug 14 2009 11:12 AM

Hi!  I'm new as well and thought I would start off with a picture of my quilting companion "Buttons".

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,782

What a cutie Buttons is.  Welcome to the both of you.

Kissimmee, FL

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.