Top 10 Posters

Anyone want to do a fabric swap?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 240 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
116 Posts
Points 2,005
Darlene posted on Mon, Jul 12 2010 6:31 AM

Hi! I've done online swaps before and had great success. You get different material from many different places. I usually pick a theme such as color or pattern. If you are interested, please let me know. I'll set up the guidelines for the 10" charms and we can set a deadline to sign up and number of people we want to participate. This is a great chance to make new friendships. I just thought this would be fun. I'll check back or you can email me at quilterdarlene@msn.com.

• | Post Points: 575

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,536 Posts
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, Aug 19 2010 1:19 PM

and welcome valerie, i hope you enjoy it here.  we're sorta nosy,   tell us about yourself and what kind of quilt you like to make     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
25,027 Posts
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 19 2010 3:00 PM

Thanks for all the compliments.

Not Ranked
Female
2 Posts
Points 10
Nancy replied on Thu, Aug 19 2010 3:21 PM

sounds like it would fun.

Nancy B

win_nan_buckley@yahoo.com

Not Ranked
Female
2 Posts
Points 10
Nancy replied on Thu, Aug 19 2010 3:22 PM

swap would be fun.

Nancy B

win_nan_buckley@yahoo.com

Not Ranked
Female
3 Posts
Points 35
Bobbie replied on Thu, Aug 19 2010 5:38 PM

HI, I would also love to do a fabric swap    Bobbisew1@comcast.net

Not Ranked
3 Posts
Points 15

I've never done this before but it sound like fun.  Count me in.

Alice in Culpeper, VA

Not Ranked
Female
6 Posts
Points 75

I think this will be fun.  I'm in.  I'm a breast cancer survivor and always love pinks.  Light. dark. bright, subtle, they all go together.  They also make cute little girl quilts.  Just a suggestion.  I'll do whatever the group wants to do.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,536 Posts
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, Aug 19 2010 10:48 PM

welcome bsjt,,   nice to meet a new quilter.     this swap is done,but keep checking back,   there  are two more in the works  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
116 Posts
Points 2,005

I have enough people interested in a second group for the Christmas swap. If you are interested, please email me at quilterdarlene@msn.com ASAP. I need to know by Sept 1st to coordinate. Thanks. I still haven't heard from Amber2009, Joni, Sabrina, MNnancy, Linny, Patti, Barbara, Annette, mojo672, and Bonnie. Please let me know that you are in or out so I can substitute others if you changed your mind. Thanks so much.Have a good day!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
116 Posts
Points 2,005

CHRISTMAS  SWAP NOTICE TO EVERYONE

I've had such a good response to the swap that I've decided to open up a second group. I am taking names until Sept. 1st.. So far, I have Kristi, Michelle, and Catherine. I'm still taking names. If we don't get a lot of other people, I'll divide the two groups so that you won't have to send 16 blocks if you are in the first group, but a fewer number. If you want more squares, please let me know that you want to be in both groups and then I'lll let you know how many total blocks to send. THis way, it's a lot fairer for everyone and if you aren't into getting or sending a lot of blocks, you won't have to do as much postage. I'm joining both groups, personally, because I believe more is better. My mom is joining one group. People in the last swap have asked me to remind everyone: PLEASE NO SELVAGES when cutting blocks. Thank you. More info to come so watch for posts. FYI, We have 20 people or two groups of ten signed up so far. WOW have we grown.!!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,817 Posts
Points 248,489

Darlene,I did sent you a email on your posted email addy ,to let you know I was in.I hope I sent it to the right addy??? any way please count me in. and looking foward to doing this...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,817 Posts
Points 248,489

Darlene,I can also do two groups ,if you need more people sign me up for both..Really excited about doing this swap ,can't wait to start getting fabric..you are such a wonderful person for taking this on....Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
605 Posts
Points 12,675

Darlene, 

Thank you, thank you, thank you for doing this.  Please sign me up for both. 

Prairie Dog

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,784 Posts
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 9:17 AM

This is so exciting...sign me up for 2 Christmas....no Spooky Swap.

Thanx Joni

Top 500 Contributor
Female
176 Posts
Points 2,830
Shari replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 9:24 AM

I'm curious, exactly what do we do in a fabric swap?  I'm sure it's not as simple as it sounds.  I've never participated in a fabric swap before.  I want to play, so tell me more!

Shari

Page 10 of 17 (241 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use