Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,905
QCA Admin Posted: Sun, Jul 11 2010 3:52 PM

Hi all,

Every month I put together a new online poll and member survey question for QCA. I am sure that you all have some great ideas I may not have considered. Send your suggestions my way and I will work them into the mix in the months to come.

The polls (which sow up on the left side of the site) tend to be quick and sometimes humorous. The survey questions (which appear in the members newsletters) can be about almost anything that will generate good discussion or insights. By sharing your ideas, you benefit by getting answers to your questions!

Thanks,

QCA Liz

• | Post Points: 110
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Tue, Jul 13 2010 4:35 PM

Liz, 

How about how many states have you bought something quilty in over say the last 2 years?  Always nice to see how many travel outside their own states.

Or,  What is the longest you've quilte at one setting?       Or,    What is the most peaceful time of day for you to quilt?

Just a few I thought of. Not real inventive but good questions I think. 

Thanks for asking!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 5,000
Annette replied on Tue, Jul 13 2010 11:35 PM

Liz.....

How about:    1) what colors do you primarily pick out/work with    2) what are your favorite types of fabric  (30s, CivilWar, Floral, Batiks, etc)   3) what do you do in your spare time outside of sewing/quilting?  4)  how long have you gone without buying new fabric at a quilt shop or online?  5) do you hand piece anything?  6) what percentage of your things are hand quilted vs machine quilted? 

Annette

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,905
QCA Admin replied on Fri, Jul 23 2010 11:53 AM

Dear Tammy and Annette,

Thanks for your great suggestions! Tammy, I have posted your question about peaceful moments into the July member survey. Annette, I will definitely work some of your questions into some of my surveys in the months to come.

I appreciate the input!

QCA Liz S.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,165

Any new suggestions out there for good poll or survey questions?

• | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

I am curious about what kind of role if any blogs play in the world of quilting. Not sure what the diff options would be but something about blogging would be nice.

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Liz,

My problem is never having enough time. How do quilters find the time? Do they set aside a certain amount of time every day? Do they grab a few minutes here and there? Do they dedicate a whole day to sewing? Do they lock all the doors and windows and tell people to go away? How do they find the spare time?

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Liz~

I saw the poll about how many states you have bought fabric from but what about buying from home online? I'm pretty house bound and buy most of my fabric online now so it's from all over the country. Could you add online sales to the poll or is it too late?

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Feb 12 2011 9:40 PM

Diane

These are both good questions.  I also buy  fabric on line from other states if I can't get what I need locally. Also, great survey question.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Feb 12 2011 11:40 PM

Diane I had the same question .I buy alot of fabaric online and it comes from other states  Does that count. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sun, Feb 13 2011 2:22 AM

are there some skill sets there you would like to brush up on with some other members that may have some more experience than you have?  Groups could be identified of what needs were needed and we could meet and form qroups to assist one another and help each other get back to where we want to be. For example alot of us have join recently Fear No More FM Group and it has helped me tremendously.  I see a remarkable improvement in my skills and I feel I one of worse ones in there.

QCA Liz S.:

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500

are there some skill sets there you would like to brush up on with some other members that may have some more experience than you have?  Groups could be identified of what needs were needed and we could meet and form qroups to assist one another and help each other get back to where we want to be. For example alot of us have join recently Fear No More FM Group and it has helped me tremendously.  I see a remarkable improvement in my skills and I feel I one of worse ones in there.

QCA Liz S.:

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500

QCA Liz S.:

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500

QCA Liz S.:

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:03 AM

Yesterday I swept the floor in my sewing room.  Last week I worked on a machine crazy quilt and the floor was covered with little scraps.  I found myself sifting through the fabric, picking out tiny little odd shaped scraps, all the while thinking to myself, "What are you going to do with that?"  I realized that I am one to obsess over fabric scraps.  Now I don't save dogears like Georgia Bonesteel, but I picked out pieces that were about 2".  I wonder if everyone else does this and to what extent.

How about what's the smallest scraps you will save.  Do you keep dog-ears and anything bigger?  Do you keep anything over 2" that's already in a shape you recognize?  Do you throw it all away and just buy new when you want it?

Linny T

• | Post Points: 20
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use