Looking for longarm quilting machine

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
DEBBIH Posted: Sat, Jul 10 2010 11:36 AM

I have a 11' square quilt (lone star) that needs to be quilted.  Obviously can't  do this on my Bernina as I don't want to do it in sections.  Two questions: How do I find someone local to quilt it using long arm machine and also would love to purchase a long arm machine myself (used) but need advice as to how to do this and what to look for.  Can't afford the $9,000 price tag for a new one.  I live in Cincinnati Ohio.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jul 10 2010 12:02 PM

Hi DebbiH,

Usually, Your local quilt shop will have a reference that they can give for Longarm services. I checked the Ohio Valley's Quilters Guild and they list these as quilters for hire. Might be helpful. I'd check any dealers as close to you as possible for used machines. A lot of times they have trade in's that still come with some warranty on them so that you'll make sure you're purchasing a machine in good working order and have some support if something should fail or you need help in learning to use it.    I have posted some of the links from OVQG, hopefully one will be near you.

Juanita Canfield - 513-541-8506 -  juanitahc@aol.com This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
    Specializing in custom long-arm machine quilting and custom piecing. 

Linda Lawson - 513-539-8352 - www.blueribbonquiltco.com
    Long-arm machine quilting from pantograph to heirloom. 

Janine Keeton - 513-779-8937 - quiltasdesired@fuse.net This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
    Custom long arm quilting service

Cass Plott - 513-481-2760 - cassquilts@fuse.net This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
    Specializing in custom long-arm machine quilting. 

Pam Seip - 513-236-5368 - pamquilts@cinci.rr.com This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it  - www.pamquilts.com
    Specializing in custom long-arm machine quilting 

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
DEBBIH replied on Sat, Jul 10 2010 12:57 PM

Thanks, Stephanie!  Very helpful!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

DEBBIH:
I have a 11' square quilt (lone star) that needs to be quilted.

Whew - that is a BIG quilt.  I hope you can find someone.  I agree with Steph about the local quilt shops.  That's where I found the long arm gal that I used recently.  Won't help you much since I'm down here in Georgia. 

Welcome to QCA. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Sun, Jul 11 2010 4:52 PM

DEBBIH:
and also would love to purchase a long arm machine myself (used)

My friend Sandra is selling her Gammill Premier with the circle lord.  This machine does not have a stitch regulator.  she has won numerous awards with this machine.  She lives in Ontario.  

Here is the info

2000 Gammill Premier with Circle Lord. Original owner.  12 foot GS-1 steel stand (2” rollers) modified for sit or stand. Completely refurbished and running better than new as of April 24, 2010. EdgeRider Wheels;  Zippered leaders; Horizontal spool holders; Horizontal channel lock; Laser light position-able either at rear of the machine or on the top of the machine; Needle positioner/single stitch; Straightedge kit includes extended throat plate, Gam Guide, and Gam Guide Jr.  Batting Bar, and Original Circle Ease kit. The Circle Lord includes the basic setup as well as the following templates: Aztec, Gingko, Ovals, Spirals, Starz, Stella, Curved Crosshatch, and the Aztec Codex.  Price is $7500. Located Greater Toronto area, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use