rated by 0 users
This post has 73 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 31 2010 1:57 AM

gini:
the particular sadness of lemon cake.     i just read this,  it has an odd little story, but very well written.  nothing to do with quilts       gini

I've added that to my wish list Gini. It sounds like a good read but I'll save it for when I'm not having a case of the blues.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 847

I listen to audiobooks while I quilt, and recently listened to Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas.  I enjoyed it, and might try another of her books. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

I hadn't seen this thread before......one of my other loves is reading. Thanks so much for the list, Judy. So good to see/read you. I haven't read any of the quilting novels but I'm going to start. I've been reading on the IPad and I can also do books on tape so I'll do that during the day while I'm working or sewing. Purrfect day!

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 31 2010 5:36 PM

Diane

If you like mysteries you should try some of Iris Johannson's books.  They are really great.  I think I have read just about everything she has written.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 847

I see she has many, many books on audible.com.  Which one would you start with? 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Sat, Jul 31 2010 7:04 PM

I just read Prayers for  sale it was a good book 

Happy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 31 2010 7:13 PM

Julie

One of Iris Johansen first ones is the Ugly Duckling.  It starts the Eve Duncan Series.  You can read them in any order.   However it is best to read Killer Dreams before you read Stalemate.  One kind of takes up where the other finished.  Otherwise they are all pretty much stand alones.  I haven't read any that I didn't like.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 1 2010 2:18 AM

Nana,

I've had Iris Johansen on my list of "new" authors to try but never got around to it. I'll have to move her up the list now.

I've finally started the Jennifer Chiaverini books tonight. I got the first three from Marie last month and I already own the next three.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Nana~

I've read 7 Iris Johansen but I haven't read the Ugly Duckling. I'll add that to my list. I am hooked on Jeffrey Deaver right now. He writes with a lot of twists and I think I have it figured out and he always gets me. Good author. James Patterson, David Baldacci, Stuart Woods, Robert Parker, Karen Slaughter, Carlene Thompson, Catehrine Coulter, John Sanford, and Janet Evanovich for my dose of giggles. Judy had recommended CJ Box and he is good, too.

I'm definitely going to look into audio books. I have it on the IPad already. DH is listening to Craig Ferguson on audio. I want to read that one, too. He's had quite a life.

North of Boston MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Kris:
I've finally started the Jennifer Chiaverini books tonight. I got the first three from Marie last month and I already own the next three.

Kris I have read 6 of her novels and i love them. I read The Quiters apprentice when I first started quilting and have gone on from there.

Hampshire, England

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 2 2010 12:54 PM

Diane

I like Jeffery Deaver too.  Love James Patterson and John Sanford.  I have read some of Karen Slaughter's books.  And I also really like Catherine Coulter.

Another favorite of mine is Patricia Cornwell.   I really liked some of her earlier books the best though.

Another favorite is the books written by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.  They are great.   I also like the ones written just by Douglas Preston.  I just finished Tyrannisaurus Canyon...great read.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 2 2010 6:30 PM

jay-marie :
Kris I have read 6 of her novels and i love them. I read The Quiters apprentice when I first started quilting and have gone on from there.

I'm really enjoying them Jay-Marie. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 378
Points 5,080
Annette replied on Mon, Aug 2 2010 11:33 PM

At a recent library book sale, I picked up 6 of Earlene Fowler's novels, but not the first six.  Haven't read any of hers yet.  Should they be read in order?  Just curious before I get started.

I also just completed several of Patricia Cornwell's books (Scarpetta).  Love Janet Evanovich - I imagine my mother-in-law (bless her heart/soul) everytime I read about Grandma Mazur.   I've also read/enjoyed Clive Clusser (Dirk Pitt novels), Bernard Cornwell, Sue Grafton, John Jakes, and J K Rowling (Harry Potter - yes I'm a fan) and some by Catherine Coulter, Belva Plain, and Sandra Brown.   I enjoy reading almost anything.

Annette

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Hi Annette~

Love Harry Potter. I like the books better than the movies and it's probably getting close to reading them again. I also love Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit by Tolkien....brilliant mind like J K Rowling. What I would give to have an ounce of their imaginations.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Nana~

You and I are on the same page (pun intended). I've written on my recommended list Jennifer Chiaverini and I would like to read them, too.

North of Boston MA

Page 2 of 5 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use