Top 10 Posters

New Quilt Project READY...SET....GO

Page 17 of 20 (291 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 290 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kris:

Diane,

I cut the sizes Bonnie Hunter recommended on her website. I bought bins for all the different sizes from the Container Store. I love that place.

Kris~

There is a store called the Container Store? Where is that? I have led such a sheltered life....never heard of it but know I would love it. I love containers and tote bags and baskets. A whole store? Almost as good as a chocolate shop.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 552
Points 11,595
Adele replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 4:42 PM

Is there any way i can get a update post  where all the instruction are listed in one spot. I don't want to get to behind and all these post are confusing me a bit.

Adele 

Grand Junction, CO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

I will be easy to get along with on how often you post the steps. I'll have other things to work on if I am speedy and will catch up if I am slow. No time to talk, gotta sew! LOL!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 4:45 PM

Nana:

Ok everyone how long do you want to have to do each step?   We can go really fast or we can do a week between steps.  Open for suggestions from you guys.  I want everyone to be able to keep up and have fun doing this project.

Just let me know what you think will work best for all of you.

Nana - no problem for me, I can do it  quickly, have plenty of time to work on it, but the ones who have to go to WORK (dirty four letter word~) might like to have a few days to get time for it.  Whatever you decide is OK for me~~ sounds like much fun coming up for all~How did I just enlarge my print, and how do I get it off?  Yikes!!! Carolml

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

The quicker the better for me. I am leaving for my 3 week vacation to Sweden next Saturday. If I had all the instructions before then I could print them off and catch up when I get back. But if not, I can still catch up either way when I get back. So it really doesn't matter, I guess. I'm excited about this project. Can't wait to see the end results.

Elaine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 5:33 PM

Nana, I'll go with the flow but how about posting one step each day and then give us a reasonable deadline to finish, especially if we need to border it before it's considered finished.  That way the speedy workers will get right to it and those of us who work slower and have other things to get done will be happy.

BTW, I did work on my purse today but ran into a snag.  The directions say to stitch the right and left sides together.  Does that mean the entire side, handle, side and the jog for the bottom?  I'm going to post a pic of what I have sewn and any help would be appreciated. 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 5:59 PM

Diane Morgan:
Kris~

There is a store called the Container Store? Where is that? I have led such a sheltered life....never heard of it but know I would love it

Diane,

There's one in Chestnut Hill and one in Natick MA. I used to live near one in VA but now I mostly shop online.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 10,009
Jean replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 5:59 PM

Marie:

W, I did work on my purse today but ran into a snag.  The directions say to stitch the right and left sides together.  Does that mean the entire side, handle, side and the jog for the bottom?  I'm going to post a pic of what I have sewn and any help would be appreciated. 

Marie,

I don't know exactly where you are in your directions so canonly guess about other steps.  It appears to me that you should be only sewing the exact side parts right sides together at this point.  By this I mean from the straight beginning on the top of the sides to the straight end just before where you cut in for the bottom.  The part cut out on the bottom will later be sewn together to form the bottom.  Hope this helps.  Friend me and you can go into the pattern instructions for me to help you better.

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 6:02 PM

Adele:
Is there any way i can get a update post  where all the instruction are listed in one spot. I don't want to get to behind and all these post are confusing me a bit.

Adele,

I sent you the instructions.

Nana,

maybe we could change the Boxy Stars group to the "Scrap Happy" group and do all these projects there. Then we can have threads for instructions and threads for chatter. Just a thought.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 6:06 PM

Marie:
The directions say to stitch the right and left sides together.  Does that mean the entire side, handle, side and the jog for the bottom?

Marie,

I think it's just the sides. Sometimes you can guess what they want by the next set of instructions. Sorry I can't be of more help.

You're doing great so far.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 10,009
Jean replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 6:21 PM

Nana

This may sound stupid but by press to the dark......do you mean always to the dark or are we supposed to press all the seams in each strip set one way?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 6:22 PM

Jeanne and Kris, thanks for your replies. 

Kris problem with me is I can only understand one step at a time so the next instruction means nothing to me.  I am such a visual person that many a project got thrown out because I just couldn't "see it".

Jeanne, I think what you and Kris are telling me is just the strait sides should be sewn and the rest will come later so I'm going to try that and if it doesn't work out I'll friend you for more help.  Thanks again.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 7:16 PM

Jean:

Nana

This may sound stupid but by press to the dark......do you mean always to the dark or are we supposed to press all the seams in each strip set one way?

Jean

I usually try to press all my seams toward the dark....especially when there are light fabrics involved.   It really won't make a difference as far as construction goes.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 7:23 PM

I have amended the Boxy Stars group and it is now known as Scrap Happys.....I will post instructions , etc there after I get back from the store.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 10,009
Jean replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 7:25 PM

Thanks Nana,

You answered my question as I was wondering if it was for construction purposes or not.

Page 17 of 20 (291 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use