Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 175
Cheryl Broten Posted: Sat, Jun 26 2010 1:39 PM

I just joined the Quilters Club.  I'm looking forward to making new friends. I'm a 60 something grandma from Minneapolis, MN.  I have two daughters and three grandchildren.  My youngest daughter, Stephanie, and her children live close by.  She brings me her mending!  Terry, the oldest, lives in Houston, TX, and taught me how to quilt.  She does beautiful work and has taught classes.  I miss having her close by both as friend and a teacher.  I have made a lot of quilt tops but have trouble taking time to quilt them.  Procrastanation is my middle name. 

Cheryl

Cheryl Broten

• | Post Points: 140
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 800

Hi Cheryl, and welcome to QCA!  You'll find lots of friends here.  I'm new too and have already found lots of great people and advice!  You'll get lots of inspiration and help with any possible question you could have.  :) 

I live in CA but have lots of family in MN, mostly Albert Lea and Center City, but a few in Minneapolis.  I haven't been back to visit for a couple years, but need to take a trip soon!  It's a great place and I  do love to visit there.  :)

Welcome again.  Take some time to look around the site.  It takes a little getting used to, but there's lots here for you to find!  :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,746
Points 419,989
gini replied on Sat, Jun 26 2010 4:12 PM

hi cheryl, welcome.   procrastination is my mantra.    i have so many quilts that need to be quilted.   but, there is always that new top i need to start and it's going to be better than the last, right?        enjoy the site   there are a lot of groups to participate in and forums is a fun place to visit  with everyone       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forums, Cheryl!

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 1,300
Willie L replied on Sat, Jun 26 2010 5:16 PM

Welcome to the site.

GA Quilter

GA Quilter

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Welcome Cheryl

Enjoy browsing around and getting to know the site and all of us fellow quilters. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Hi Cheryl and welcome to QCA.  Funny you should mention procrastination - I saw a sign at the quilt show that said "Procrastinate, it frees up time for quilting."

Again, welcome!!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,575
Points 30,594
Kelley replied on Sat, Jun 26 2010 9:12 PM

Welcome to QCA... I hope  you enjoy this site as much as I do...

Kelley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Jun 26 2010 9:57 PM
Hi Cheryl, welcome.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sat, Jun 26 2010 11:05 PM

Hi Cheryl and welcome.   Hope you enjoy the site and drop by to chat with us frequently.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 221
Points 3,155
Char replied on Mon, Jun 28 2010 7:19 AM

Hi Cheryl,

Nice to meet you and welcome..I am new too, I joined in April. You will love this site, so many wonderful people, great advice and support, quilting and otherwise.

Enjoy, I wish I would have found the site sooner!

Charlotte

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 5,660
CJ Hines replied on Mon, Jun 28 2010 8:42 PM

HI Cheryl and welcome to QCA! Maybe you can convince your daughter who lives in Texas to join QCA and you can keep track of each other's quilting projects:) Just a suggestion. 

Hope you look around the site and get acquainted with all it has to offer. We look forward to seeing some of your projects--make sure to post some photos!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,974
Points 384,292
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 28 2010 10:57 PM

Welcome Cheryl. I hope you enjoy it here. You'll find that many of us share your middle name. Take some time to join check out the UFO group. You may be inspired to finish some of those tops.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,261
Points 254,154
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 29 2010 5:39 AM

Cheryl,welcome to the club .Hope you enjoy as much as I do ....Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 381
Points 5,125
Annette replied on Tue, Jun 29 2010 10:13 PM

Welcome Cheryl.  Have fun looking thru the site.  Check out the various groups, the show-n-tell, and the various forum threads.   There's a great group of quilters here.

Annette

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use