Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 43 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Fri, Jul 2 2010 1:40 PM

Marie:
Where can I go for info about the quilt?  Does it have to be a certain pattern? 

There will be answers to your questions next week. Meantime some quick info. In general, there is no fixed pattern requirement, although the QOV Foundations has specific guidelines for quilts donated to them. There will be a "project" related to the Split Star quilt - as some folks have already voiced interest in that one. The free quilt pattern is by Mary B. Hayes, and can be found on www.thangles.com. Click on Quilts of Valor in the left-hand panel. There are 2 pdf files that are the pattern. It meets the quilt size guideline. Glad to have you on board!

Sharon

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 275

I really love your quilt pattern.  Is it available anywhere?

Happy Fourth....I think QoV is a good way to celebrate the 4th btw.

Qwara

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Fri, Jul 2 2010 3:13 PM

Qwara Paolini:
I really love your quilt pattern.  Is it available anywhere?

Qwara,

The free quilt pattern is by Mary B. Hayes, and can be found on www.thangles.com. Click on Quilts of Valor in the left-hand panel. There are 2 pdf files that are the pattern. It meets the quilt size guideline. Have you been involved with QOV before?

Sharon

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

how do i get information on this group. my grandaughter is in Iraq and i am taking care of her son. she would love something like this

carol

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
ardens replied on Fri, Jul 2 2010 4:22 PM

Count me in.  I like the pattern; I just retired and I have a bunch of patriotic fabrics!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Fri, Jul 2 2010 4:59 PM

c.redman@hotmail.com:

how do i get information on this group. my grandaughter is in Iraq and i am taking care of her son. she would love something like this

carol

Carol - the group will launch next week - as soon as the admin returns from her holiday. There will be lots of info on the group pages for you. I'll post on this thread when we are up and running. If you need a pattern to get you going, there is a link to the quilt shown at the top of this thread in the post right above yours. I am certain your granddaughter would adore having a quilt in Iraq made with your hands and infused with your love.

Sharon

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Fri, Jul 2 2010 5:06 PM

ardens:

Count me in.  I like the pattern; I just retired and I have a bunch of patriotic fabrics!

Well, you are in! Official launch will be next week (early I hope) - but no need for you to wait to pick pattern and fabric! If you like the quilt at the top of this thread - here's my response to a previous post: -The free quilt pattern is by Mary B. Hayes, and can be found on www.thangles.com. Click on Quilts of Valor in the left-hand panel. There are 2 pdf files that are the pattern. It meets the quilt size guideline.

Sharon

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 85

This is a truly great quilt.  I have sewn many tops for the QOV group in my town, but would be interested in your group.  Sign me up.  What do we need to do for this project?

Sandra in Tulsa, OK

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Sat, Jul 3 2010 3:57 AM

skazandjian@cox.net:
This is a truly great quilt.  I have sewn many tops for the QOV group in my town, but would be interested in your group.  Sign me up.  What do we need to do for this project?

Sandra, I was born and raised in Tulsa back in the day when 11th and Sheridan was at the far edge of town. A lot has changed since then! .. If you want to make the Split Star quilt from the newsletter, the free pattern is available from the designer at www.thangles.com. Just click on Quilts of Valor in the panel to the left. Print the 2 pdf files you'll find on that page - and go fabric shopping.

Sharon

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Tue, Jul 6 2010 9:03 AM

THE QUILTS OF VALOR GROUP IS NOW PUBLIC!! YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN.

Sharon

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 45
Vicki replied on Tue, Jul 6 2010 11:57 AM

Sharon,

I am the longarm quilter  (and label maker) for a QOV group located in Shelby, OH.  It is a great way to "give back" to those who have given for all of us.  We've made over 30 quilts so far (since the beginning of May 2010) and we are making more.  We use an easy and quick to sew pattern because some of our ladies aren't experienced sewers.  Good luck in your project. 

Vicki in Greenwich, Ohio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Vicki - can a person make and quilt the quilt and then send the finished quilt? Everything I've seen says to send a top to a longarm quilter.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Tue, Jul 6 2010 12:41 PM

Pat Lancaster:

Vicki - can a person make and quilt the quilt and then send the finished quilt? Everything I've seen says to send a top to a longarm quilter.

Pat, I asked this question of one of the QOV coordinators. Her answer was that it was certainly all right to finish the quilt yourself. Sending it to a longarmer gives her/him the opportunity to share in the process.

Sharon

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Tue, Jul 6 2010 12:50 PM

izzycat5331:
We use an easy and quick to sew pattern because some of our ladies aren't experienced sewers.

I am just working on my first quilt - QOV Split Star by Mary B. Hayes. It is our group avatar. We would love to see the pattern you use. If you'd like to join the group, you can post it in the QOV Split Star discussion thread. And, thanks so much for sharing your talent!

Sharon

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use