Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy Posted: Fri, Jun 25 2010 5:36 PM

As much as I'd like to be more active with this group, forces of nature work against me.  If the weather is pleasant, I feel the need to be in the garden.  If it's rainy, I can justify being indoors (must harken back to my childhood days when Mother would proclaim, "It's nice outside.  Get out there and play.")

So you'd think I could catch up with the forums on rainy days.  N-o-o-o.  Living in the sticks means we have a satellite Internet provider, and that doesn't operate on rainy days.  At least I can still sew on those days! (unless a storm knocks out the electricity)

It was rainy again this morning.  Calley, our princess dog, got wet and chilled taking care of her morning constitutional.  She hopped on the couch and I tucked her into the throw.  It didn't take long for Pickles the cat to make herself at home.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 185
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,895
Points 382,832
Kris replied on Fri, Jun 25 2010 6:10 PM

Nancy,

that picture is too adorable. What I wouldn't give to be cuddled up like that right now.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Jun 25 2010 7:50 PM

Awww...so cute.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Nancy,

If you hadn't mentioned Pickles (love the name) I might have missed him.I was busy looking at your dog and your quilt and then I noticed the little face peeking out. Cute pic! Gotta love those rainy days.

North of Boston MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,575
Points 30,594
Kelley replied on Fri, Jun 25 2010 8:20 PM

We know who rules the roost over there...lol... The animals... how cute...

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 11,972

Nancy,

What an adorable picture. I love it!

Can you please send some rain our way. We really need it. Right now the weather "witch" is teasing us. The clouds are dark. It even smells like rain, but there's no rain. We used our well to water the vineyard this afternoon, and I had to tell DH to shut that off so I could fix dinner.

What wouldn't I do for a rainy day right now? Never mind, it's up to Mother Nature.

Judy J.

Nambe, New Mexico

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,654
Points 140,888
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jun 25 2010 8:58 PM

Nancy, How precious! We have satellite too and thunderstorms daily  to where I unplug all electronics including my sewing machine. At least we got smart and got internet through the phone line and I can unplug my laptop and still be online when all else fails. It's far too hot to be outside so gardening isn't an option.

No worries, we enjoy your posts and pic's and just like family, we stay in touch when we can and look forward to when we can "be" together. Enjoy your days and your beautiful pets.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Fri, Jun 25 2010 10:20 PM

Nancy

I love the picture.  That is so sweet.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,720
Points 419,709
gini replied on Fri, Jun 25 2010 10:58 PM

nancy, your princess is precious and so is pickles.   we are getting summer this week, which is a little unusual.   summer doesn't usually happen around here until jusly 5th   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,782

Nancy--

Such a comfy looking duo and a beautiful quilt, too.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,596
Points 48,415

Aorable picture. Our furbabies do love "their" quilts.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 381
Points 5,125
Annette replied on Sat, Jun 26 2010 7:10 AM

So cute!  Dogs and cats are smart - they know the best place to cuddle/keep warm.  I'm getting tired of the rain in our area - we live by a creek and the mostiquoes (spelling?) are terrible this year.  I think they had me for dinner when I was out last night.

Annette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,212
Points 253,429
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 26 2010 7:20 AM

WE just can't help but love our babies,even if they are the four legged kind . Those are some happy babies  LOL .The throw is really beautiful....Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 5,660
CJ Hines replied on Sat, Jun 26 2010 12:22 PM

that photo is adorable! They look really comfy.

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 800

Nancy,

What a precious picture!  Who wouldn't love to be snuggled up like that?  I almost didn't see your kitty tucked in there too!  So cute, and lovely quilt.  :)

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use