Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 300
Char Posted: Sun, Jun 20 2010 1:29 PM

I found the past Fons & Porters show videos and all the other shows I will get to later. 

When I found a pattern that looked interesting there were no quantities or measurements--worst yet there was no place to get them. 

Couldnt this be a nice addition to the club more free patterns?  More links to more stuff? 

I looked in free patterns heading under Shiloh, Dusty Miller, Log Cabin variation, and Pineapple.  There are no patterns that match.  It just seemed to be so simple.  I was so wrong.

I like to watch videos while I quilt, can't they be chained together so when one finishes another starts?  Like on a DVD--View All.

I do like this website but it isn't easy to understand yet.   (Like what is a tag?)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sun, Jun 20 2010 1:39 PM

char, are you referring to the patterns here on QCA?  i didn't see the patterns you mentioned, but i tried opening 5 patterns in  the free patterns on our dashboard and they all opened with full instructions.    you have to go down below the picture and click on the third set of green print that says attachments    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sun, Jun 20 2010 1:41 PM

and welcome char, love your duck.   it does take a little while to figure out the navigation here, but there are  already a lot of free patterns on it.    the links to F&P and QNN could be a little easier, i agree.    gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 300
Char replied on Sun, Jun 20 2010 1:55 PM

The pattern was on the Fons & Porter video 400 Series--401.  Those gals sure can talk but they didn't exactly give quantities or measurements.  When I tried to get a back issue of the magazine the pattern was in--it wouldn't let me.  Frankly, if I have to pay for it and I still want it I really want it.  Thanks for replying!  What are the post points for?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 300
Char replied on Sun, Jun 20 2010 1:59 PM

I just couldn't put a picture of ME up there!!  Well, I walk like a duck soooooo--if it walks like a duck it fits!!  The comment about MORE free patterns was kinda tongue in cheek humor.  So far that's all I've seen on this site.  SO FAR. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sun, Jun 20 2010 2:05 PM

char, the newer shows i don't think we have access to. someone else on here may know more about that.  i thought we could access the magazines from their site?   i haven't been on F&P for a while.  you can call the toll freee number at the bottom of this page on monday.  they are really nice and helpful  and will figure it out for you    

we don't know what the  points are for, yet.   they are still working to improve the working of the site and are deluged with new members.  i think they've been pretty busy.   there are a lot of free patterns on your dashboard, the green square in the upper left.   we have a bunch of groups you can join to get info on specific types of quilts or join a group and make a quilt along with other quilters and trouble shoot as you go.    forums is a great place to ask questions, too. in no time you'll have a lot of answers.    i hope you take the time to investigate everything QCA has to offer       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Hi Char and welcome to QCA.  It looks like gini hit the answers, so I will just say Hi.

Oh, the tags are a way of searching.  You can click on the tag and it will bring up posts that are tagged with that particular word. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Hi Char --- welcome to QCA

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Hi Char...this is a great site and the ladies are really friendly and very helpful with questions about the site....it would be nice to change the videos on QNNTV...I don't really go on F&P as I am on here more..I hope you find your way around here and start yo enjoy it like I have for the past 3 years

Ontario, Canada

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 221
Points 3,155
Char replied on Sun, Jun 20 2010 11:09 PM

Hi Char,

Welcome, I am Char also, but as for the patterns, if you look under the pic there is a pdf link to open for entire pattern. Also, the videos, I had a hard time figuring out at first too, but I like to find a specific topic to watch, not so much random videos....for example, I wanted to see their version of log cabin compared to Elenor Burns... found I am much more happy with the Fons and Porter version. When I put in a topic I was able to find the specific video I was interested in.

Hope this helps.

Char

Charlotte

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 4,380
Gale replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 12:51 AM

I think I understand. She watched a F&P video and in the video, they showed a certain pattern. But they didn't elaborate on the pattern and it isn't available as a free download. So she's wondering where to find that pattern. I'm off to look at the video-I have a lot of older F&P magazines and maybe it's in one of them.

Oh and welcome-I thought at first that you were the Char that was already here! lol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 12:54 AM

Char, Almost all the tv videos do not give you cutting instructions...they want you to buy the pattern or book.

Ontario, Canada

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 4,380
Gale replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 1:12 AM

But she said she wasn't able to buy the back issue that is mentioned in the video. Or she would.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

http://www.shopfonsandporter.com/category/s

char is the is link for the f&p site, that shows the shiloh pattern...

Ontario, Canada

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 4,380
Gale replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 2:29 AM

Finally finished the video. It stinks having a slow connection! The issue is sept/oct 2004 which is a lot older than anything I have. Looks like buying that pattern is the only option unless someone else here has that issue to share. btw the link above didn't work for me but here's another that might work:

shiloh pattern

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use