Top 10 Posters

Joke of the Day

Page 7 of 31 (464 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 463 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 6:46 PM

Kris:
I grew up on an island, went to the beach almost everyday and I can't swim

I'm speechless Kris.  I thought Islanders were born knowing how.  lol

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

We grew up five minutes from the ocean and until we had taken swimming lessons we couldn't go in the water without an adult. My mother was adamant about it. Which was good b/c I can swim and love the water. A lot of time a Y or a hotel will have pool time and you could learn in a pool. Our pool is above ground and you could learn in that b/c it's not that deep. It sure feels good though.

An East Coast Bucken-ear field trip! Swimming lessons for all and I promise not to advertise that you can't swim. You'll have to bring your own floaties.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 7:00 PM

Me too, I thought that growing up on a Caribbean island everyone would know how to swim.  Just like you learn to sit, crawl and walk so do you learn to swim.  My kids started swimming when they were 6 weeks old and they are close to being fish now.  They were fearless.  We teach them that fear just as kids are taught to be scared of dogs.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 7:09 PM

Diane and Kris, do they make floaties big enough for an adult arm such as mine?  I call them my wings.  lol

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 9:54 PM

Marie:

Kris:
I grew up on an island, went to the beach almost everyday and I can't swim

I'm speechless Kris.  I thought Islanders were born knowing how.  lol

Marie I am as speechless as you.  I can not imagine growing up in the Caribbean and not knowing how to swim.  My kids were in the water their first summer....and one of them was born July 1.  I never wanted my children to be scared of the water...that is what usually causes drownings.  Now the grands are learning the same way.  They are all like fish in the water.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Marie:

Diane and Kris, do they make floaties big enough for an adult arm such as mine?  I call them my wings.  lol

I got that wingie thing going on too. Now what's up with that? When I was little I always wanted to fly. Now that I'm old and sedentary, I try to keep my feet on the ground without falling and have no desire to jump off the garage roof to see if I can fly.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 8 2010 11:45 PM

I have a good excuse though. I blame my father and uncles who let me watch "Jaws" when I was 5. 

I was OK going to the beach but you couldn't make me go into the water. I did that until I was 13! I was in high school by then. I would venture out into the water and learned to float on my back but I would never go where I couldn't stand.

That's the way it is. I love the beach and the ocean but I'm also in awe of them.

I promised myself to learn to swim someday.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kris~

I pictured you as a tall, slim mermaid or at least have webbed toes being from the Caribbean. I couldn't wait to see how you drive a car with the mermaid tail. :o}

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:28 AM

Nana:
They are all like fish in the water

Nana, my grands also.  DGD was born Jan. 31st and was swimming that summer.  Loves the water.  Can't remember when DGS learned but he loves it also.  When my own children learned I had to stay in the house while my DH taught them at a very early age.  When we got our in ground pool my dear neighbor Karen would come down with her children, I would sit in my chaise lounge with my back facing the pool and she would watch the kids.  My fear of water was so intense to the point of my holding one arm at all times when I bathed them.  I know that is funny but it wasn't to me.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:33 AM

Diane Morgan:
I got that wingie thing going on too

Didn't do what I said I would and go to the BR before I read any of your posts and just about made it.  You are tooo funny, Diane.  I can't wait til tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:36 AM

Kris:
I promised myself to learn to swim someday

Kris, I can understand your excuse but promise me you'll learn while you are young and don't wait until you're my age.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:38 AM

Diane Morgan:
how you drive a car with the mermaid tail

That's it!!!!!!  I'm really going to the market now to buy a box of depends. Roflol 

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Kris I learned to swim when I was in the Navy.I had an operation on my mouth and had to sit out the real physical PE things and they said I could swim. When I said I don't swim she said don't or can't and then when I said I can't she said we will teach you. I did learn and I loved it I can only do the breaststroke and I am very slow but I really enjoy swimming and having the pool to myself was great.

I couldn't ride a bike either and learned when I was first married and loved that too. I fell pregnant and my DH made me stop for safety and afterwards I was never able to get my balance on a bike again.

Gini can you adopt me please you sound like so much fun and I had a very strict upbringing.

Hampshire, England

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 9 2010 2:05 PM

jay-marie :
Gini can you adopt me please you sound like so much fun and I had a very strict upbringing.

Jay - marie, not that I want Gini to adopt me cause having a kid as old as I am would sort of look funny???????  But I'm in line ahead of you and I think Diane has first place.  Maybe we could all work it out though.  Take turns?

You and I having the same type upbringing would probably not know what to do with ourselves.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Marie:

Didn't do what I said I would and go to the BR before I read any of your posts and just about made it.  You are tooo funny, Diane.  I can't wait til tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

I'll probably be shy and quiet. Or you won't be able to hear or understand me with my damaged vocal chords and Bahstonian accent. I'll bring flash cards so we can communicate.

North of Boston MA

Page 7 of 31 (464 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use