Page 2 of 4 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 58 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 1,330
Jacquelyn replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 6:36 PM

Judy I also have a 6600 plus a 300E and a 8080, Janome has had my eye for a few years they seem to be easy to thread and generally they don't take a lot of maintenance, I'm currently looking for a serger but with easy threading in this too like the Bernina or Singer not sure which one has the puff threading.

Jacquelyn

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 6:42 PM

Glad to find this group as I own a 6600.  I love my machine.  I can't imagine machine quilting without it.  I previously own another Janome and had no problems with it. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 420

I have been using a serger for very long time, always a Babylock.  I just upgraded to a Babylock Enlighten and has the puff threader and the needle threaders (4 needle).  It is a great machine and I have only begun to discover all it does!  Good luck in your search for a serger!  Wouldn't be without one.

Sewonforever

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 420

I got my Horizon in May 2010 and have absolutely loved it - last night I got "ERROR 4" - when I looked up the error code, it just said, see your dealer. 

My heart almost stopped!!  So back to the retailer it went - and while they said that everything will be covered under the warranty I am concerned - I have used other machines for decades without any problems -

Has anyone experienced any of the Error codes ? - apparently there are 7, but they don't tell you what they mean. 

FYI - when I put my old machine on my table in the absence of my Horizon, it looked like a "toy" - such a small throat space!  How quickly we adapt!

~Kathleen

Sewonforever

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 1:39 AM

Kathleen et al,

Click here for the Janome group.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 420

FYI -My Janome dealer called and said that my "Mother Board" has to be replaced on my Horizon - hard to believe after only 7 months - thank goodness for warranties but will be without my machine for 2 weeks +

K

Sewonforever

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 12:24 PM

Kathleen :
Has anyone experienced any of the Error codes ?

Kathleen I've only experienced the "put pressure foot down".  LOL  I forget sometime.  I bought mine in May also and I love it.  I had a 6500 I traded in.  I love the Janome machines.  Hope your problem is a simple one, I'll keep fingers crossed for you.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Sat, Jan 22 2011 12:26 PM

Kathleen, I guess I wrote too soon.  It was serious, but glad it's under warranty.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 175

I found this blog...this person is doing a new FMQ design daily. She has videos for all. She uses a 7700 I am so excited..hope she also gives up hints and tips on using the Horizon  http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/2009/08/can-i-create-new-free-motion-filler.html

http://www.thriftyideastoday.com/

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 9:39 PM

carolyn thanks for the link to thrifty ideas     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 0
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 210
LINDA DD replied on Thu, Apr 7 2011 11:59 AM

HI,

I'M A NEWBIE, I JUST GOT MT JH 2 WEEKS AGO. I GOT A QUICK OVERALL AT THE DEALERS. I'VE WATCHED TO DVD AND READ THE MANUAL. MY QUESTION IS : I'VE TRIED SOME OF THE DIFFERENT STITCHES.  CAN I FOLLOW THE CURVES ON APPLIQUES WITH THESE STITCHES OR IS IT JUST FOR STRAIGHT STITCHING? I TRIED TO TURN THE FABRIC SLOW BUT IT DOESN'T MOVE WELL.

LINDA DD

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Thu, Apr 7 2011 1:53 PM

hi linda   welcome  gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 210

HI GINI

THANKS, I'M NEW TO COMMUNICATING ON WEB SITES, TOO. YOU CAN TEACH OLD GIRLS NEW THINGS.

I'VE JOINED A LOCAL QUILT CLUB 'PEACE BY PIECE' HERE IN JACKSON, TN. SO MANY TALENTED QUILTERS, ITS AWESOME.

I'VE GOT ALOT TO LEARN.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Thu, Apr 7 2011 2:47 PM

hi linda, what a cute name for a quilt club.   in computer-speak,  capital letters mean you are shouting, which has been really nice for me today,  because i have plugged ears and can't hear much of anything spoken to me.    :  )    gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 210
LINDA DD replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 10:15 AM

Sorry, I am on only at work. which I work with only caps on. I live so remote, we don't have cable or dial up.

Last night I was trying to do some free motion on scrap not my quilt. With monofilament and I bent my needle. It had sewed 4/5 stitches fine before it jammed. I had to take the plate off to get the needle out. I considered putting my rose back up on the table. I have the extra attachment that fits on the back and hold to spools which I think I've threaded right. Because I rethreaded with regular thread and it sewed fine.

Do I needle to set the tension differently for monfilament?

Page 2 of 4 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use