Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 41 Replies | 10 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 800
daisydecorator Posted: Thu, Jun 10 2010 11:07 PM

Hi Everyone!

My name is Sarah and I'm new to this club.  I'm SO excited to see all the resources here!  I live in Sacramento, CA.  I'm 29 and have a two year old.  I work full time as well.  So, I don't have much time to quilt anymore, but I'm hoping the inspiration here will get me back at it.  I don't know any other quilters, so having the tips and advice here will be invaluable!

I have made one queen size quilt, 4 crib quilts (3 were gifts).  Those were all machine quilted.  I have been working on a completely hand quilted sampler for the experience.  I finished the front a year or so ago and am slowly making my way through the back. 

So that's a little bit about me.  I'd love to get to know some people here.  Anyone in CA? Anyone a lone quilter like me?  :)

~Sarah

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Thu, Jun 10 2010 11:09 PM

Welcome to the QCA forums, Sarah! You will find lots and lots of inspiration here! :-)

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,257
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 10 2010 11:37 PM

Hello Sarah.

Welcome to the group. You've come to the right place for quilting advice/inspiration and friendship. I, too, am a lone quilter. Mostly because I work second shift. QCA in my guild.

My DH has ventured into the world of quilting so maybe I won't be a lone quilter for much longer.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,934
gini replied on Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:52 AM

sarah, i welcomed you on another thread.    it is wonderful to have another quilter here.   is that your little girl in your avatar? ahe'as pretty cute.    it is always a trick to find enough time to quilt.   i watch my two grandkids full time, and they are big enough to drag to the studio with me,  as long as it's not too often.    i hope you find enough time to chat with us.  enjoy your time   here   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Fri, Jun 11 2010 5:15 AM

Welcome Sarah..

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Hi Sarah

Welcome to QCA you will make lots of friends on this site and find lots of tips and projects  to inspire you. I find it hard these days to find time for anything but quilting LOL. I realy enjoy the friendship and fun of the members on here and they are all very suportive to each other (and me) in all walks of life not just quilting.

Your little girl is a real cutie and I am sure she keeps you busy so enjoy her nap times to fit in some quilting Sarah and have fun making lots of little quilts for her and passing on your knowledge of sewing. I have only been sewing and quilting for around 3 1/2 years and somehow my 26 and 27 year old sons don't want to learn to sew when they visit me (I wonder why).

Hampshire, England

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Welcome to QCA Sarah. This is a great place. We have lots of fun around here. Jump in wherever you can.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 11 2010 7:51 AM

Welcome Sarah, you will find lots of help and some really awesome people on this site.Everyone has been very friendly and there are so many different projects to keep one intrested.I have only been a member a short time myself ,but have always found help with a question when needed. Good luck and welcome...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Jun 11 2010 7:56 AM

Sarah

Welcome to the site.  We love meeting new quilting friends here.  I am a lone quilter... I don't drive anymore due to health issues so I am unable to join guilds and quilting groups in my area.  QCA and all the great quilters here are my guild.  They offer great inspiration and lots of tips and help.  I hope you enjoy the site. 

Your DD is precious.  Hope you chat with us as often as possible.  Also we love seeing pictures of projects.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 552
Points 11,595
Adele replied on Fri, Jun 11 2010 10:50 AM

Hi Sarah, 

Im so glad you joined QCA its so much fun here....  Its so nice to meet you and your DD.  

Adele 

Grand Junction, CO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,017
Thea replied on Fri, Jun 11 2010 10:55 AM

Sarah, Welcome to QCA.  I am in OK so not close to CA but my daughter is in Sacramento.  It is nice to have you here.  I think you will find a great group of women who are more then glad to help in any way they can so you won't feel so alone in your quilting. 

I applaud your efforts on your sampler and would love to see pictures!  Again welcome to QCA.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Fri, Jun 11 2010 11:02 AM

Hi Sarah...welcome to QCA...this is a great site and there are lots of wonderful ladies on here...we love to chat (as you can probably see by all the posts)...it would be great to see some of the work you have done and are working on..

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Sarah and welcome to QCA.  I was in the same boat for a very long time, not knowing any other quilters, but met a quilting friend who live very close to me on another forum.  It is still fun to come here and talk to people I have never met and learn about quilting and life.  Again, welcome.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jun 12 2010 5:35 AM

Welcome Sarah,

I'm a lone quilter too, so to speak. On this site you never feel alone though and I have to say that since joining, my piecing skills and knowledge have increased tenfold. Hope you chime in with us when you can.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Sarah--

It's so good to have you here.  Count me in with the other lone quilters who've already welcomed you.  This site is a great one for sharing knowledge and fun about a multitude of things--some quilty, some not.  Look forward to hearing from you often.  I'm not from CA, but am on the west coast--WA.

Kissimmee, FL

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use