Charity Quilts

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 115
lindatemple@bellsouth.net Posted: Wed, May 26 2010 2:58 AM

I didn't know where to go to send some news that will be of interest to all, so hope this gets to those in the know!As many of you know, Nashville, Tennessse and   many surrounding counties and cities were flooded following a mega rain storm for two days April 31 and May 1st.  I live in Dickson in Dickson County about an hour west of Nashville.  I am a member of the Courthouse Quilters Guild which meet s in White Bluff, also in Dickson County.  Many of the Guild members are also member of  QCA.  Two of our members homes received  extensiive flood damage.  The Guild always does a Charity Quilt project and to help our two members with damage we diced to make them a friendship quilt and one thing litterally let to another and now we have 20 completed bed quilts and that meny waiting to be quilted or tied, and binding applied.  Plus two tubs of donated blocks to make quilts from and oh my so many more.  We will give these quilts to many familes who have been tramatized by this terrible flood to let them know they are thought of with love.  QCA is a great group of friends and I just thought it would help to let you know what Courthouse Quilter's Guild is doing and ask that you remember Middle Tennesse in your prayers.   Thanks and God Bless...Linda Temple

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

How wonderful. It is great to hear how ya'll have pulled together to help one another!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Aren't quilters great people Linda?  I know that after Katrina, our Project Linus chapeter - along with so many other chapters - sent quilts and throws off to National for distribution to all of those victims. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Wed, May 26 2010 8:10 AM

Linda

This is fantastic news.  It is wonderful to hear how people pull together to help those in need.  If there is anything we could do as a group on QCA please let us know.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Wed, May 26 2010 9:34 AM

You have a very generous guild.  Fantastic work. 

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Linda--

I agree with Nana.  Please let us know how to go about lending support to your efforts.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA  forums, Linda! Quilters are, indeed a generous group of people! Thanks for sharing your project with us.

Gillette, WY

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 378
Points 5,080
Annette replied on Wed, May 26 2010 6:57 PM

Linda....

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your guild as you support your neighbors in Middle Tennesse.  Quilters are the most supportive and generious people I know.  If there is anything the rest of us can do, please post here.

-- Annette -- 

Annette

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 221
Points 3,155
Char replied on Fri, May 28 2010 9:54 PM

Hi Linda,

I know about the devastation, I am in Michigan, my dear friends' son is in Tennesse, he is a police officer, she and her husband was by Gods grace on vacation, on her way to visit him when the floods came. So when they got close enough and found each other, they helped him evacuate what was left of his home. The most important things to him were salvaged, his dog, and some sentimental items...everything else was wasted. They took pictures of his house, the water was up to his rooftop.

Prayers are with everyone there and God Bless you and your guild for your efforts, let me know if I can do anything to help your efforts.

Char

Charlotte

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use