Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 100
Sharene Carr Posted: Mon, May 17 2010 3:30 PM

Hi there ... I'm new to the club.  I've been quilting since 2007.  Originally, my mother and I were going to take classes when she retired.  Unfortunately she passed away before we could realize that dream together.  Instead I joined a bee and started quilting on my own.  I fell in love with it and it's been a love affair ever since.  One year into the quilting adventure, my bee members decided to take a 3-day Judy Neimeyer  workshop and convinced me to join them.  It was quite the challenge for a beginning quilter, but I was able to rise to the challenge and it really helped me realize that I can achieve whatever I put my mind to.

I'm 45 years old and live in southeast Texas.  This week I celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary.  I have one child (a daughter) who is a college senior.  I work part-time and care for my niece on my "day's off."   Quilting has to be fit in to my schedule, but I make sure it happens!!!

Sharene Carr

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, May 17 2010 3:50 PM

Sharene

Welcome to QCA.  We love meeting new people and hearing all about their quilting, families, and anything else you feeling like talking about.  I hope you enjoy the site and drop in to chat with us frequently.

I am sorry to hear that you and your Mom didn't have the chance to realize your quilting dream.  But I am very glad that you continued on.  Quilting is so addictive and quickly becomes a passion in your life.  We would love to see pictures of your quilts.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.  25 years...WTG.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Mon, May 17 2010 6:06 PM

welcome sharene, this is a great place to share your quilts and work out problems.  a super resource.   glad to have you join us       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,705
Points 364,352
Kris replied on Mon, May 17 2010 7:41 PM

Welcome Sharene,

I'm sure your mother would be proud of you for living the dream for both of you.

We would love to photos sometime. Have fun on the site. There are a few projects going on jump right in.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, May 17 2010 11:14 PM

Welcome Sharene.  You will really like this group.   Even though I have been quilting a while, I have learned so much the past couple years from the members here.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Sharene--

So nice to "meet" you.  I'm sure you'll find this site to be lots of fun.  Everyone here is so very helpful and willing to share knowledge about quilting and almost any other topic you could imagine.  The various threads can sometimes take quite a "birdwalk" from the original post, but it's all good.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,327
Points 241,652
Thea replied on Tue, May 18 2010 2:19 AM

Sharene - it is a pleasure to meet you and welcome you to QCA.  I live north of you in Oklahoma... we do have a few members down in TX... isn't quilting fun - and addictive - pretty soon you will be joining my Quiltoholics group - don't worry it is all for the best!

Again glad to have you hear and look forward to getting to know you better!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 5,660
CJ Hines replied on Tue, May 18 2010 10:38 AM

Hi Sharene and welcome to QCA! We're glad to have you here. What kind of quilts do you like to do? We look forward to seeing some of your projects in Show & Tell!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forums, Sharene!

Gillette, WY

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use