Top 10 Posters

Boxy Stars Jelly roll Quilt Project

Page 9 of 33 (488 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 487 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Sun, May 16 2010 8:17 PM

Kris:

I bought a lot of strips at the LQS during their big sale. I think I'll use those. My it will be my first truly scrappy quilt. I'm scared.

Kris:  Don't be scared ~~~~I've been making scrap quilts for years, and have  loved every one!!!!  Every time I see a pattern, my first thought is how I can do it in scraps ~~must have something to do with the abundance of fabrics and scraps that I have now stashed, and constantly trying to use  (wonder if they multipy at night when I'm sleeping!!)  Enjoy your new project!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

We are supposed to begin on the 24th? Are we supposed to do any prep or just get our fabrics together?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 221
Points 3,155
Char replied on Mon, May 17 2010 7:00 AM

Carol,

I think your fabrics will be beautiful! Your DH has great taste in jelly rolls!

Char

Charlotte

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 221
Points 3,155
Char replied on Mon, May 17 2010 7:51 AM

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the link...I am joing the group too! I am doing the BOM as well...yes CRAZY!!

Your blocks are both beautiful Nana, Thanks for the start up.

Char

Charlotte

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, May 17 2010 8:29 AM

Pat Lancaster:

We are supposed to begin on the 24th? Are we supposed to do any prep or just get our fabrics together?

Pat

If you want to cut your pieces and be ready it will be good.  If you want to wait that is ok too.  This project will be more a work at your own pace kind of thing since everyone will have their own copy of the pattern.  I have cut all my pieces but I was trying to make sure everyone could get all their tops out of one Jelly roll.

I have found that you can cut all your pieces out of a 40 ct jelly roll without any problem and will probably have some left over.  I did opt to use the same fabric for all my sashings and a darker fabric for all my cornerstones.

I think everyone will find that the cutting will be the most time consuming especially if you are trying to go with a controlled scrappy look because you have to decide on the fabrics for each quarter square and cut one quarter at a time.  But once everything is cut it will move quickly.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Mon, May 17 2010 10:32 AM

Do we need to "sign up" to play or just jump right in?  I have a jelly roll that has been nagging at me.

Thanks,

Trudy

Downey, CA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Mon, May 17 2010 10:33 AM

Nevermind...I found it in the "Groups" section.

Trudy

Downey, CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, May 17 2010 10:51 AM

Trudy:

Do we need to "sign up" to play or just jump right in?  I have a jelly roll that has been nagging at me.

Thanks,

Trudy

Go to the groups section and you will find the Boxy Stars group.  Join the group and you will have a place to ask questions....so I am sure not to miss them.  And also a gallery to post pics.  There will be a viewer's choice at the end.  Have fun and make that jelly roll stop nagging you....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,784
gini replied on Mon, May 17 2010 10:56 AM

Nana:
But once everything is cut it will move quickly.

i'm hoping it will go quickly, it took a long time to cut it all out.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, May 17 2010 12:06 PM

Gini

It took me awhile to get all the pieces cut too.  But I do know that the 2 blocks I made for demonstration went together very quickly.  Once you get the hang of it and make sure you know exactly which corners the HSTs go it flies along.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

I started the cutting, but had to stop. I went to the chiropractor this afternoon and think it was probably not the brightest thing to bend over the cutting table. LOL! I have the sashing, cornerstones and part of the accent pieces done. I should be able to get it all cut out before the starting date. So far, I have been able to use my stash. I had a jellyroll and I had a piece that I could use for the sashing. I also have the backing. I am not so sure about the borders. I'll have to look a little more for those. This is a fun project. Thanks Nana for being our guide.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, May 17 2010 5:55 PM

Pat

You are very welcome.  I haven't decided on borders yet either.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Mon, May 17 2010 10:27 PM

Hi, Carol W. from Arkansas - I'm Carol L from Arkansas  and I keep seeing your name in these forums - wondered what town you're in.  I live in NW ~ Newton County ~ Jasper, to be exact.  We've been here since l992, before that lived in Texas for 30 years (military family).  I'm also going to do this one, and I'm almost done with the first step of the BOM.  This group will keep us busy!  I'm usually busy enough on my own, I'm currently working on a couple Mystery quilts, also.  I just do a little every day, Just love it!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,038
Points 20,825
Carol W replied on Tue, May 18 2010 11:00 AM

Carol:
Hi, Carol W. from Arkansas - I'm Carol L from Arkansas  and I keep seeing your name in these forums - wondered what town you're in

Hi, Carol L - I live in Judsonia.  It's a small town about 50 miles north of Little Rock in White County.  I have lived here since I got married.  Before that I lived in Romance (about 35 miles west of here).  I think I am really going to enjoy this one.  Am still undecided about the BOM.  I'll probably talk myself into it before its over!  I have so many other projects to fill my time right now so just don't know if I'll add another one.  It's nice to finally see someone else from Arkansas on here!

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Tue, May 18 2010 11:05 AM

The Fat Quarter Shop (online store) often has 40-strip jelly rolls that are beautiful.  They run about $30-$35 but often, in the clearance section you can pick them up for $20.

Trudy

Downey, CA

Page 9 of 33 (488 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use