Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley Posted: Sat, May 8 2010 5:55 PM

Oh my Oh my... I have been practicing  quilting feathers for days now and still cant get the motion right.. They end up short and stubby...lol.. kinda like me..lol.. I know they say practice practice... but I really would like to get the hang of this and finish  my scrappy heart quilt before I croak..lol..   Any tip , tricks, videos, any thing that can help this tired of practing quilter.....

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 112
Points 1,771

Did you watch Kim Brunner on' Quilt It" she has a lot of good ideas and practice is still the name of the game unfortunatly

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Kelley:

Oh my Oh my... I have been practicing  quilting feathers for days now and still cant get the motion right.. They end up short and stubby...lol.. kinda like me..lol.. I know they say practice practice... but I really would like to get the hang of this and finish  my scrappy heart quilt before I croak..lol..   Any tip , tricks, videos, any thing that can help this tired of practing quilter.....

One thing I've read, and actually done, is to practice with paper and pencil. The person who posted this on another list said it helps you coordinate your hand and your eye. The technical term is it lays the neuro pathway - the more you do it the deep the wrinkle in your brain, and the better you will become.

Gillette, WY

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
Karenmf replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 7:46 PM

Hi Kelly,

I have taken Cindy Needham's free motion class on Craftsy and she says to echo your feathers and they look much better.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 5:50 PM

Kelly, I've watched Patsy Thompson's Fun With Feathers DVD and it helped me get started.  http://www.patsythompsondesigns.com/shop/product/free-motion-fun-with-feathers-volume-1/  (You can get her DVDs at Joann's or Amazon for less than her site.)  Angela Walters has a free motion feather Craftsy class as well and she's an amazing quilter. 

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use