Hello from the Outer Banks of NC! Question re Premium Membership

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
Deborah Posted: Fri, Mar 17 2017 12:11 PM

Love to quilt all ways: hand and machine piece, hand and machine quilting (not longarm). Especially like civil war reproduction styles (have been working on Dear Jane FOREVER). When not quilting I do artwork, knit, fish, boat and beachcomb. Belong to a small quilting group here on the island.

My question: what is the Premium Membership and what are the benefits? I see it includes a subscription to Easy Quilts. Is the subscription to QNNtv only for the free content that I could get by registering there? In one place here on the forum it says that the Premium Membership was discontinued several years ago, but the ad to buy it is still up. I am confused ..... please help! 

😎 Deborah

~Deborah

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 308
Points 4,480

It is my understanding that Premium Membership has been discontinued.  In order to received Easy Quilts, you must pay for a subscription.  I believe that is also the case for QNN...

stitcheraz

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,348
Points 142,780

I'm no longer a premium member. On my home page I clicked on the upgrade to premium to see what it said. $29.95 with over $700 in benefits. But there were no benefits listed. Sad isn't it, considering what QCA used to be. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,590
Points 392,187
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 17 2017 2:11 PM

It really is sad Judy. At least let people know the perks of premium membership (I never considered Easy Quilts a perk) if there are any left. Maybe just JoAnn's card and Keepsake Quilting discount. I stopped being premium when all the technical problems occurred as F+W took over.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,590
Points 392,187
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 17 2017 2:13 PM

As I clicked "post" I got the very message I alluded too. SMH.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Points 390
DEBBIEF replied on Fri, Mar 24 2017 9:25 AM

I'm going to stop my premium membership as well.  You used to get alot and now you really get nothing.  All the new free patterns are from Fons & Porter and I really don't see that they've added anything new.  They have only discontinued things.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,787
Points 45,385
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 24 2017 8:09 PM

I wish they would make an announcement or something about the membership. It is sad considering what it was or could be.

Hot Springs Village, Arkansas

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 105
mstroub replied on Mon, Mar 27 2017 10:30 AM

Hello -

Thank you for contacting us. I will be happy to assist you.

We’re planning on rebuilding the site and offering a much more comprehensive experience for all quilters, so at this time, we are no longer offering new/renewing QCA Premium subscriptions.

(existing Premium subscribers will have benefits through the remainder of their current paid period).

We have had technical issues removing the capability from the site.

You can re-subscribe to the magazine.

To resubscribe for the magazine only, contact:

Fons & Porter’s Subscriber Services

P.O. Box 420235

Palm Coast, FL 32142-0235

888-985-1020 (U.S.)

386-597-4387 (Int’l)

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

MaryAnn

F+W Customer Service

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,420
Points 26,680

I haven't been on here for a while & may premium membership expires in June so I don't think I'll be renewing either.  It really has gone down hill over the past couple of years.

I just offered to Host A BOM/Sew Along for the Applique Group so will see if anyone responds.

I also participate in the Secret Santa (Christmas All Year Long) but keep up with it on Facebook.

Miss "seeing" some of my you all from here!  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 759
Points 7,370

Good morning, Patricia Faye

Was just thinking about you the other day and wondering what fabulous applique project you might be working on.  It is good to hear from you and I am excited to hear you are going to host an applique project.

I have been disappointed with QCA for a couple of years too, but then I decided that I can still chat with fellow quilting friends and enjoy what is shared between us.  That is what is the important thing to me with this group.  There are so many interesting, knowledgeable, and creative people on this site that make it worth it.  I really think that is all of us that can make this site a fun and interesting place to come.

I will keep a watch out for the applique groups happenings to come.

Barbara

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,479
Points 46,775
ls2116 replied on Wed, Apr 5 2017 1:57 PM

i'm waiting on my membership card and my joann discount card to come since i renewed my membership earlier this year. I really like this club.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,348
Points 142,780

Is, a posting from QCA Admin said they are no longer offering the premium membershps pending a major overhaul of the website. 

You might try getting your money back.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 743
Points 12,270
Debi replied on Wed, May 3 2017 1:43 AM

To help bring people back, I have been working in the mystery quilt groups, designing and moderating mysteries 11-14. We will be starting MQ 14 next week, come join the fun! Find us in groups and join in! Can't wait to "see" you there.

Excited to begin,

Debi

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.