fabric stash

Page 2 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 39 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 20
Jjhoutex replied on Thu, Mar 16 2017 9:01 AM

A group of ladies at my church make pillows to give to Lifeline Chaplaincy that hands them out at local hospitals.  We recently had someone donate about 600 yards of beautiful fabric!  What a wonderful gift to us so we can make gifts for others!  Another one of our ladies makes little dresses to send to Haiti so she uses lots of fabric too.

we gladly take all donations we can so we can continue doing what we love to do.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,636
Points 31,505
Marsha replied on Thu, Mar 16 2017 12:33 PM

Control a stash?  I don't think that is possible, unless you have a lot of time and no desire to sleep.

homeatlast:
but at 57 I'm    afraid of to much as I age, always trying to find a balance,

You are just a baby compared to so many of us - 20 yrs younger than me - and I still acquire more stash either new or new-to-me.  I often buy someone else's unwanted fabric.  Also, I still have fabrics from the 50s until now, my mother's stash, and a few from my grandmother.  Just need to sort and find places for them.  I have bags upstairs in one of the kid's bedrooms that haven't been touched since I put them in there when they left home - additional stash space.  The girls are from 53 to 55 and oldest son turned 50 this week!  Lots of time for them to just be sitting there.  I do have one quilter  among the 3 girls, but she is an art quilter - not my type of fabrics.

homeatlast:
,so  who???? Will get or even want my stash.?
 You have years before you have to worry about that

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 230

Yes control is hard, but my mom stash will be mine one day and the thought of that scares me.So I buy as little as possible. I do love buying fabric and have a nice one of my own.Going on a shop hop this month with the sewing group, will buy sale or things I need

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 230

Yes control is hard, but my mom stash will be mine one day and the thought of that scares me.So I buy as little as possible. I do love buying fabric and have a nice one of my own.Going on a shop hop this month with the sewing group, will buy sale or things I need

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 230

I love having a stash,I'm more of a scrappy kinda girl, so I always can pull a quilt from my stash. I love buying solids, small  prints. I buy very few florals, novelty,or focal fabric. I buy those as needed. Buying is my favorite part of sewing

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 135

I love fabric shopping too.  I really have to hold myself back sometimes, lol.  I'm new to quilting, but learned to sew when I was 11.

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 230

I'm new to quilting also, I love it,, like you been sewing forever. I don't do much garment sewing anymore, a few skirts every now and then

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 230
homeatlast replied on Wed, Sep 20 2017 12:46 PM

Hello,I went on my shop hop with my sewing group yesterday,we had a ball, I bought things I needed,such as solid black and things I just wanted.Yes I blow the budget,but I had some wiggle room. We had lunch  and went to a few more stories and called it a day.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 17,345
weezee56 replied on Thu, Sep 21 2017 8:15 PM

I love having enough fabric in my stash so I can make a last minute baby quilt or a small project for one of my Grandsons.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 120

I am recovering from Hurricane Harvey, staying at a friends house, lost 7/8 of my stash.  Will find out tomorrow if my sewing machine still works.  My son in law got it and they have been storing it for me.  I haven't been brave enough to turn it on.  I think it will be okay as there wasn't any water in the bobbin holder.  My husband and I lost every piece of furniture in the house except for one very old antique table with a wobbly leg.  But as a quilter you know I grieved more over my stash than anything else.  All my magazines and patterns were lost too.  Even my own designs.

Can't wait to get back to normal and able to quilt again.  I need it to keep me from unraveling.

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 230

I love having a stash also, I love pulling out fabric and do whatever.

I buy or try to have a well rounded stash.

Making sure that solids are in my stash as well.

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 230

Peggy I'm so sorry to hear of your lost,you and your family are in my prayers.

Glad to hear that you had a place to stay.

I pray that God restore all and more.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 135

Peggy,

I'm so sorry you lost so much in the hurricane.  I sure hope your machine will work.  I know it will take quite a while for life to get back to normal, but I bet if you are able to sew, it will help a lot.

Let us know how it goes.

Ann

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 280

Peggy, I am so sorry for your ordeal and your loss of house and furniture. I just donated three tubbyfuls of fabric to a nursing home, but am sure I can part with a whole lot more. Please contact me once you are settled in and ready to start quilting and let me know where to send fabric to help build up another stash. I  send you hugs and lots of love and prayers from Lubbock, TX. 💗

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 120

Wow that would be awesome.  It will be a month or two I believe until we can return. But I will let you know.  Thanks so much.

Page 2 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.