Hi Gang, I'm Back

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,545
Points 31,370
Diana Posted: Sat, Nov 19 2016 5:19 AM

Hi Gang.  Looks like I'm Back.  I'm still living in East Tennessee but will be moving back to Upstate New York next spring or summer.  Hubby just can't deal with the maintenance of this house and I sure can't either.  Selling the house (yes, losing my studio in the basement).  Already got the apartment all picked out in New York just south of Saratoga Springs (any horse racing enthusiasts out there?).  A third bedroom is all mine (the biggest of course) for my sewing cabinets, walk-in closet for fabric, and lots of wall space.  I will have help up in New York with nieces and nephews and his brother and sisters all up there.  Just wanted to let you know what was going on in my life at the moment.  Oh, I'll still be going to retreats when I can.  Love going to the Lodge at Douglas Lake so I'll be making it there at least once a year and pick up Nana on my way thru Roanoke....hehehe

Any new New York quilters that will need a quilt buddy?

Diana  

• | Post Points: 0
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 914
Points 14,400
Pat A replied on Sat, Nov 19 2016 6:54 PM

Welcome back Diana.  Good to "see" you.  Good luck on your move.  I've been planning on moving for 2 years now.  Hope to make it this Spring. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,061
Points 170,752
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 19 2016 7:56 PM

Diana, where will you put all your fabric in an apartment?????  :-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,545
Points 31,370
Diana replied on Sun, Nov 20 2016 2:57 AM

MNnancy,  It's a 3 bedroom , 2 bath apartment with a 2 car attached garage.  I have been sharing some of my fabric with 5 nieces who took up quilting.  it has thinned it out a bit, just not enough yet.  I've still got a few more months to sell or share it.  It's in a complex where someone else cuts the grass, shovels the snow, fixes whatever breaks (it's a brand new complex so we'll be one of the first to move in).   It won't be finished until next summer so that's why we won't be there until then.  A new adventure.  At least we will know where everything is like grocery stores, shopping, drs, etc.

Diana 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,370

Hi Diana. Good luck with the move. Hard to think of you anywhere except Tennessee! Hope to see you, and Nana, again at a retreat, maybe next year?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,709
gini replied on Thu, Nov 24 2016 10:37 AM

me!  me!  me!   i'll babysit your fabric   sam and I are up for a road trip    we'll get a u-haul

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.