Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 535
Joey replied on Sat, May 8 2010 10:55 PM

Kathy,

Did you do the quilting on your home machine?  It is exquisite!

Joey

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Sun, May 9 2010 10:28 AM

Joey:
Did you do the quilting on your home machine?  It is exquisite!

Thanks Joey.  The quilting is done on my longarm.  Feathers marked with a stencil.  It is faux trapunto which is why the tulips pop.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, May 9 2010 3:14 PM

Kathy

Your tablerunner is gorgeous and I love the quilting.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, May 11 2010 10:46 PM

Winnie, Lillian and Kathy D.  Such beautiful work! 

Winnie, looks like you have the book on cathedral windows.  Today, while waiting for my car to be fixed, I went to the quilt store and having nothing to do for several hours, took my time choosing some batiks for a cathedral window wall hanging.  I can't believe I bought more fabric, but what to do with several hours, I am glad I made it out of there only spending a little over $50. 

Then I came home and looked for an old UFO to find a pattern for someone.  All that rummaging exposed so many more UFO's I had forgotten about.   Oh, my, why did I buy more fabric? 

I am inspired by the pictures of everyone's projects.  After work tomorrow. . . .

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 50

Gale,  Stick with it.  I have made two queen-sized and numerous baby-sized years ago.  That actually started me on quilting.  I devised a way to make the square process quicker by  using two templates, my iron and my ironing board at a sit down level.  These quilts take a lot of fabric but are really warm when completed.  I have also done some elongated Christmas wall banners as well as pillows.  I find the hand sewing very satisfying.  I did not sew down all of the curves on the sides so that I could join the squares by machine and then hand finish the joined squares.    With templates you can actually make the squares and windows any size you want for fast or slow quilt making.  Mary

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 850
lynnb replied on Tue, May 18 2010 5:13 PM

Hi Gale, nI love the pillows.  I have never heard of "Cathedral Windows," but atfer seeing your pillows, I'd like to try them.  Just lovely!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85

I know your Mother loved it!   Congrats on a wonderful pillow.  My sister made a cathedral window quilt, all handstiched, about 40 years ago.  I never did see the final product.  She was just working on the blocks.  It was beautiful.

bj

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40

Where can I find the pattern for the Mexican Star? It is simply beautiful !

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Thu, May 20 2010 2:55 PM

cntrysue@yahoo.com:
Where can I find the pattern for the Mexican Star? It is simply beautiful !

4th quilt down

http://www.southwindquilts.com/Webpages/wall-hangings.htm

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,453
Points 243,837
Thea replied on Fri, May 21 2010 6:56 AM

Wynnie:

I have tried cathedral window for a pincushion and also a coaster. Here pictures of my projects of cathedral window.

pincushion cathedral window

coaster, cathedral window

Wynnie - I love your pincushions made from the cathedral windows... so cute...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,453
Points 243,837
Thea replied on Fri, May 21 2010 6:58 AM

Sue, Kathy D gave you the same pattern I have for the Mexican Star.  I was looking for mine to take a picture of it... was a class I took back in 2002... was fun but again I never made anything other then that little quilt from it - I usually have it on my circular table but it must have got washed and not put back out - i'll find it and post a picture but it does look exactly like the pattern... we were given kits for the class so all were done alike...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,453
Points 243,837
Thea replied on Fri, May 21 2010 7:01 AM

Kathy D:

[Here is a photo of my tulip bell runner.

Kathy - they do have some awesome patterns there don't they... I just love your table runner.  You did an awewome job.  Did you do your own quilting... it really makes the design Pop.  Thank you so much for sharing.  I do like Southwest Designs.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, May 21 2010 7:17 AM

Wynnie

I just love your pincushion.  The blues and yellows are so pretty.  Makes me smile every time I see it.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 4 of 6 (79 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use