rated by 0 users
This post has 54 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, May 11 2010 9:54 AM

Gini and Judy

I did do a search on tomatillos and ground cherries.  It seems they are in the same family but ground cherries turn a pretty golden yellow/orange while the tomatillos stay green.  I don't know if there is a difference in the taste though.  One article said that people used to call the ground cherries Japanese lanterns because of their color and the paperlike covering.  Found lots of good recipes though....Yummy.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Tue, May 11 2010 6:21 PM

O I have never heared of them

Happy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 101
Points 1,615

My husband and I attended a conference on invertebrates once. We were fed a cooked/fried(?) caterpillars in a party mix snack and didn't notice them at first. We were also given a cricket in a piece of chocolate. I ate mine. It was a bit crunchy.

Janice 

Bible Quilts, www.biblequilts.com

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 220
CAS48 replied on Sat, May 21 2011 11:59 AM

Celery is very cheap, should have let her ring it up that way, lol j/k.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 60
ellen replied on Sun, May 22 2011 8:48 PM

So that's why strawberries are in rhubarb pie!  Now I get it.  Except I think in "store bought" pies, they put the sugar in too.  I like my rhubarb a little tart.  It's great warmed just a little and put on top of French toast. 

Personally, I love strawberry pie too--but no rhubarb please.  Try ice cream instead.  I could go on, but I would gain weight just sitting at the computer.

ellen

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, May 22 2011 9:10 PM

One year from the original posting, it's fun to see this discussion thread come around again.  It must be rhubarb season!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 175

When I was a kid I used to take a salt shaker outside and eat rhubarb in the garden.  We love rhubarb pie.

Cheryl

Cheryl Broten

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 3
Points 15
jones003 replied on Sat, Jun 11 2011 6:11 AM

yes i want buy it. but how .what is the price.

==========================

Jones

=========

Online Recipes

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 3
Points 15
jones003 replied on Sat, Jun 11 2011 6:17 AM

I am also like the same disc. now i am also same eat  disc.

============

Online Recipes

Jones

=========

Online Recipes

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 4:39 PM

My mom had rubbarb in her garden, my grandmother who lived across town would come and pick it and give it to her neighbors. At her funeral, a lady came up to my mom and said that my grandmother grew the best rubbarb. I make a pie once in a while just for the fun of it, I am the only one that will eat it. Fresh is so much better than the frozen.

Page 4 of 4 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use