Hi, this is my first forum, ever

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 100
craftyj001 Posted: Tue, Apr 27 2010 2:32 PM

I've been a member for some time now but have resisted joining the forum.  I signed up for the Dear Jane group and had almost 300 immediate responses.  I was surprised that my computer didn't crash.  So be kind and ease me in.

craftyj001 from Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 2:38 PM

Craftyj001, welcome :-) 

You can always click on "stop emailing me replies" at the top of any thread if you're feeling bombarded. We are a welcoming, friendly bunch! Think of us as a slightly oversized virtual guild!

I hope you're enjoying QCA and all it has to offer. Thanks for saying hello :-)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 2:45 PM

Cathy - welcome to the forum - this is my one and only forum that I participate in...

And yes, I have my account set up for no emails at all... too too many...

Welcome to QCA and I am glad you are joining us - the more the merrier!  We have as Eileen said a wonderful virtual Quilt Guild here... lots and lots of fun!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
Crafty Wellcome to QCA there are a great bunch of people on here and we have lots of laughs. I also blocked the emails as I just spent too much time trying to read them all and you can catch up on what you want in the forums. Have fun with the Dear Jane quilt.

Hampshire, England

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 285

welcome from another North Carolian  I am in Garner and have just retired on 3/31 and am also still learning about this forum.  I have already read some great tips and am enjoying talking with everyone.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Hi crafty...this is the only chat (other than Facebook & MSN) that I am on...this is such a great site...the ladies are lovely and there is lots of advise and encouragement...lol..sometimes too much and we tend to get enabled here...haha...I to have turned off the notification as there are just too many people chatting on them to possible keep them all emailed to you...we are starting the BOM on May 15th...why not join in..you can do it at your own pace...it is fun

Ontario, Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

crafty--

QCA is the greatest group of quilters you'll find anywhere.  I have grown so much as a quilter since finding these wonderfully supportive friends and I'm sure you will love being a part of the fun, sharing and caring that goes on here.  Welcome.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:01 PM

hi crafty and welcome.   it is pretty overwhelming to get so many replies.   you can go into your profile and shut off all the e-mails.  

this is a fun group and i hope you enjoy it here.  i'm also making the  dear jane quilt, so i'll see you over in the DJ group      gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 100
craftyj001 replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:26 PM

This is craftyj001 saying thanks to all for all the encouragement.  Now all I need to do is pay attention and join in.  A virtual guild - what a great idea.

craftyj001

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,465
Points 361,987
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 28 2010 1:07 AM

Hi Crafty,

welcome to the forums. How's the weather down there? (I'm in Maine).

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Apr 28 2010 8:42 AM

Crafty

Welcome to the forums.  Hope you drop in to chat with us frequently.  We love to see pics of projects.  I see you are from Raliegh...such a beautiful area.  One of my SIL  is from Apex.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Wed, Apr 28 2010 11:17 PM

Welcome to the QCA forums, Crafty!

Gillette, WY

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use