kyoto batting

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 41
Points 1,149
Betty Posted: Thu, Apr 22 2010 9:36 AM

Has anyone used the Kyoto bamboo batting or the soy soft?  Were you happy with it? 

Happy Earth Day

Betty W

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 124
Points 2,480
Applik replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 10:42 AM

Bamboo batting is great to work with. Needles great by either hand or machine and washes well. Very soft features.

I've also used "Dream Green" batting and WOW factor with that batting. I like it as it's an environmental batting, (recycled plastic bottles/poly blend) This is amazingly soft and again needles well by hand or machine. I had it on the frame last week and people couldn't believe how soft it felt especially after I explained it's recycled plastic bottles. Drawback - very pricey as yet hope price comes down a little it's a great batting.

I think you'll enjoy Bamboo and Dream Green they're both great battings

I'm a Fabri-holic and I have many material witnesses to prove it

http://cyberspacemonkeyis.shawwebspace.ca

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Sat, Apr 24 2010 8:30 AM

I havn't used the Kyota brand of bamboo batting but I have used Naturefil bamboo batting made by Fairfield. I bought it the first time for a lap quilt for my father who was in a nursing home. The package stated it was anti-microbial so I thought it would be would be better for him then cotton or polyester. It quilted great and held up great. I have used it in several other quilts and prefer it over cotton. I havn't tried polyester, I prefer something all natural if possible.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
Kim and Betty Welcome to QCA this is a great site and I am sure you wioll enjoy it. Sorry I have yet to use the Bamboo batting but I hear good things about it.

Hampshire, England

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use