Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,689
gini replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 12:36 PM

andrea, i'm excited for you   when are you leaving?   and have a geat time   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 600

Hi all,

I just got back from a 3 day retreat (what a wonderful way to use a vacation day!).  It was in Granada MN and the retreat center concentrates on scrapbooking and quilting.  The owners of the retreat converted an old church into a retreat center and they also own a scrapbook store in nearby Fairmont MN.  There is a quilt shop about 15 min down the road in Sherburn MN also.  (Can anyone say road trip?)  This was my 3 retreat with members of my quilt group, with the adition of friends from other towns and Iowa.  The place holds 14 people.  Each quilter got her own table, lamp and v. comfortable office chair and, attached to the table, a drink holder.  We divied up the meal time and found out the there was an American Legion Post 2 blocks away.  We just had to visit for a Happy Hour on Saturday and take a walk (very short one) around the small town to get fresh air.  Our group always sets aside 2 to 3 hours for all of us to work on donations quilts as well as our own projects.  There are door prize drawings as well.  This place is so perfect for quilting that we scheduled our fall retreat and next springs retreat at this location.  It's aboaut 2 hours south from New Prague Minnesota where most of us hail from.  Our fall retreat is over Halloween weekend.  Already have lots of fun planned.

My advise: take simple projects, nothing too complicated, dont forget chocolate and Baileys, have a contest to see who stays in their PJ the longest, or who is the first in their PJs, and who is the lasted to get dressed -- the road trip to the quilt shop usually takes care of this.  However, we decided that since our fall retreat will be on Halloween, we may just show up at the quilt shop in our pjs.!

Ann

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Fri, Apr 30 2010 9:34 AM

Ann - Sounds like you had some great girl time.  You don't mention what you worked on...  Maybe the Baileys bottle??  Just kidding.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,689
gini replied on Fri, Apr 30 2010 9:41 AM

ann, taking a simple project makes a lot of sense, if you're dipping into the bailey's.   we were on a camoping trip one time with some new friends, and i was tipping a little into my cofee the first morning.    they came over to ask if i wanted to go for a walk with thme and i couldn't get out of the camping chair.  dang those low chairs.  and that bailey's is like a puma, it really sneaks up on you     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 845
Points 12,437
Jutta replied on Fri, Apr 30 2010 11:51 AM

Andrea, that sounds wonderful and I hope you can stay all three days. Our quilting group had a blast on our quilting retreat and we liked it so much, that we are doing it again next spring. We got there on Monday around noon and left on Thursday after lunch and time just seemed to be going by to fast.  Enjoy and have a good time. Looking forward hearing from you how much fun you had. 

Jutta, CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Andrea--

I'm so excited for you.  I've never gone on a quilting retreat so will be eager to hear all about it when you return.  Have a blast!

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Ann--

Sounds like your retreat was fantastic and how lucky that you're able to reserve the spot for more later on in the year.  A Halloween visit in pjs to a quilt shop should be a real kick.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,247
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:20 PM

Ann,

your retreat sounds like a whole lot of fun. Makes me want to go to one even more.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use