Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 285
Juliebelle Posted: Thu, Apr 15 2010 3:33 PM

I have just retired and am still figuring out what I do now   All i know for sure if I will have more time to quilt and that is is a very good thing.  Hope to start a new quilt next week  will keep you posted on progress   Juliebelle in NC

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,923
Points 248,522
Thea replied on Thu, Apr 15 2010 3:37 PM

Julie - welcome to QCA and welcome to retirement.  It does give you tons of time to quilt - I am a good example of that.  I retired and my quilt life started full time.  Please post your progress - what kind of quilt are you starting?  I am so nosey...teehee...

I have been retired since 2002 - I did 21 years in the AF and then started getting sick - diagnosed with a multitude of problems - RA, OA and quite a few others... but they are of no consequence... they allowed me to retire and take up my passion...

Welcome...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,687
Points 419,249
gini replied on Thu, Apr 15 2010 3:43 PM

juliebelle, welcome and hello.   don't count on having more time.   i find i have less time since i've been retired.   but, yes, i do find more time to quilt now.    i will look forward to seeing some of your quilts    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 97
Points 2,509
Kim replied on Thu, Apr 15 2010 5:34 PM

Congratulations on your retirement Juliebelle!!  I'm sure you will keep busy and enjoy time for YOU. 

Happy quilting!!

~Kim

~ Kim

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:22 PM

Welcome Juliebelle.  Congratulations on your retirement  You won't have to wonder what you are going to do with your time as you can spend all day on the computer between these forums and QNN and at the end of the day have not sewn a seam.  Fun:-)

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,710
Points 379,762
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:54 PM

Hi JB,

welcome to the group. Congratulations on your retirement.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,775
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 15 2010 8:14 PM

Welcome Juliebelle. Hope you enjoy the forums and drop in to chat with us frequently.  Congratulations on your retirement.  Hope you have lots of quilting time.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Apr 15 2010 8:23 PM

Congratulations Juliebelle! You retired EXACTLY, to the day, one year before I will be retiring.  I am SO looking forward to it and to having time to quilt.

What did you retire from?  What type of quilt are you starting?  Keep us posted on your sewing progress and on your adjustment to a more leisurely lifestyle.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 3,475
Tink922 replied on Fri, Apr 16 2010 8:18 AM
Welcome, Juliebelle! Congratulations on your retirement. I 'retired' via layoff last July. It has been so nice to have time to quilt and not rush as well as being able to do it in an empty house. Now that the weather's nice again, my puppy isn't as content to lay at my feet and wait for "just one more block" but that's okay, too, because during the day my time's my own. Enjoy!

North Central Ohio

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 5,660
CJ Hines replied on Fri, Apr 16 2010 8:53 AM

Juliebelle--welcome to QCA! We looked forward to seeing some of your projects in Show & Tell and getting to know you bettter. Tell us more about yourself--what did you do before retirement, family, etc.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,840
Jill replied on Fri, Apr 16 2010 1:49 PM

Welcom to QCA Juliebelle.  I retired eight years ago (I can't believe it--the time has flown) and enjoy it so much and I  hope you do, too.  It's great having your own schedule and time to quilt.  What type of quilts do you like to make?

Jill

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Hi and Welcome Juliebelle...first congratulations on your retirement!!  This is a great website and there are lots of great ladies on here to enable and lead you astray...lol...we are all passionate and some even crazy and obsessed about quilting so have fun

Ontario, Canada

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 285

thanks for the warm welcome   I am finishing a train quilt for grandson,  I finished all the machine quilting today so just the binding left.  I am also making a throw pillow to go with it  I will post a pic soon.  Next project is going to be something for me, I have given almost all the quilts I have made away.  Lots of baby quilts, will keep you all updated 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 285

I worked in the mortgage insurance industry for 25 years and the last 2 years were a whirlwind with what has happened to the housing mkt.  I have 1 daughter and a 4 year old grandson who is the love of my life.   My husband is teaching me the ropes of being retired since he been retired for about 10 years. I am starting to get the hang of doing as much or as little as I want to.  I will post a photo next week hopefully---have been under the weather with allergy issues for the last 2 days but I plan to get back to it tomorrow.  

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
janewendt replied on Sun, Apr 18 2010 3:25 PM

I've been retired a little over a year and am loving having more time to quilt.  I don't have to look for the quick and easy patterns, can take my time and enjoy some challenges.  With a LITTLE housework and cooking and reading, gardening, and quilting my days are full.  Also enjoy listening to books on CD while I sew.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use