Page 1 of 5 (64 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 63 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 3,630
Jennie Nash Posted: Thu, Apr 8 2010 12:14 PM

Hi! My name is Jennie Nash. I'm a novelist whose latest book -- The Threadbare Heart -- tells the story of a woman who was afraid to use her fabric stash, until it was almost too late. (Well, that's not EXACTLY true. It's a love story and mother-daughter story and a story about loss and grief and hope. The theme of fabric is just one part of it.) I was invited by Keepsake Quilting and QCA to start a discussion about the stories fabric tells, and I've just launched a blog here on the site, called The Story of My Stash. I'll be posting questions each week, which I hope will inspire you to share the stories of your stash. Next week we'll also be announcing a contest called "Fiction Comes to Life" in which you are invited to make the quilt my character, Lily, never got to make. There are WONDERFUL prizes from Keepsake Quilting, signed books, and more!

I look forward to meeting you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,700
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 8 2010 12:21 PM

Jennie

That is so awesome.  Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your story.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,626
Points 140,453
Stephanie replied on Thu, Apr 8 2010 12:27 PM

Jennie, How fun!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 1,300

Sounds like a book I would like to read,esp.since it involves 2 of my great loves,Quilting and reading.Bought a new Fern Michaels book yesterday to carry to Paducah with me.

GA Quilter

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Apr 8 2010 1:18 PM

I think that is a wonderful idea and I am certain you will have lots of inspirational stories from this wonderful group.

Edith from Canada

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 3,630

I'm glad you think so!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 3,630

Hi Willy -- you can read the first chapter of The Threadbare Heart at www.jennienash.com. Look for the button on the home page. There's not much about fabric/sewing/quilting in chapter one, but you can get a sense of the way I write and a sense of the story.  Cheers!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 3,630

Are you all able to find the blog and the comments -- or should I be leaving a link here? I'm not quite sure how it works!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Thu, Apr 8 2010 1:56 PM

Hi Jennie,

What a wonderful idea.  I went to your website and clicked on the link on the right 'read the 1st chapter' and it came up with file unknown.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,626
Points 140,453

Jennie,

I had the same problem Kathy did except it says IE cannot display the web page. I was able to link to Flicker where you can post to the shimmer question.

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 220
My story: Once we had english measurements, ie yards, inches, then we entered in Canada world of metric system..The conversion had me lost. Went to store to buy fabric for a wall quilt, asked clerk for 5metres, she looked at me "are you sure?" and "how big is your quilt" well I insisted that is the instructions required. In my translation came home to read 5 feet required// To this day, I have made myself a dress and quilt still some fabric left for a few more baby quilts.. Morale: When going to fabric store, bring instructions and fabric you wish to match..Measure twice and cut once. The carpenters rule..

New at this site, discovered from a latest Fons/Porter magazine, also a member of Eleanor Burns Quilt in A day, Community site.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,777
Points 245,617
Thea replied on Thu, Apr 8 2010 3:26 PM

Jennie - welcome to QCA - I look forward to reading your book and hope that you get some wonderful ideas - I have been told by a ton of my friends that I should sit down and write a book about my quilting life too involving my kitties... it is a fun endeavor and one that I have been tossing around.

I look forward to your questions and your contests...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,346
Points 373,647
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 8 2010 3:59 PM

Jennie Nash:

Are you all able to find the blog and the comments -- or should I be leaving a link here? I'm not quite sure how it works!

Hi Jennie,

thanks for sharing this journey with us. We can get yo your blog by clicking on your name. I'll try to find some time tonight to visit your website (I'm at work).

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,700
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 8 2010 4:03 PM

Jennie

I did find your blog..no problem.  But I don't know how to post pics on Flicker.  I could post pics here in this thread if you would like.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 3,630

oh dear! Let me go fix that...

Page 1 of 5 (64 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use