Top 10 Posters

Step 1-Buying the Fabric!

Page 12 of 24 (349 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 348 Replies | 57 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 11:19 AM

Sandra:

My fabrics for mystery quilt 10!!

Great Fabric!!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 12:34 PM

Seeing a lot of shades ofblues/ browns

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 2:13 PM

Brigit-Carol,  LOVE your fabrics.  The color combo is going to make a beautiful quilt!  Can't wait to see if finished!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 2:20 PM

Susie from Indy:

Gina, this always causes me trouble: I would want to make three quilts. I love those fabrics. I am a sucker for butterflies. Blues always draw me. Yellows brighten my day, just like sunshine.

My first thoughts were make the butterflies the dark, the blue the light and the yellow accent because the blues would be a relaxing quilt, but the yellow would be a refreshing pop, just like sunshine after a summer's rain.

On the other hand, using the butterflies as the dark and the yellow as the light lets you pull back in some blue with your light blue accent. A completely different look!

Then, you mentioned using the butterflies as the accent. Wow! What a totally different quilt from the others.

So, I would definitely want to do three quilts just for the fun of seeing how each turned out. How exciting. BUT, this is of no help to you what so ever! The rumblings of an old lady who cannot sleep tonight.

Your fabrics are GREAT!

Hi Susie from Indy... thank you for your input!  I love your ideas...but not sure if I have enough fabric to make three quilts...maybe two for sure though!  My biggest worry is that the butterfly fabric is too large of a print.  I really tried finding smaller prints that worked well together and had no luck.  I am going strictly with fabrics from my stash, so I am limited as to what color/print choices I have in the amounts needed for this mystery quilt.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 2:30 PM

Tami Paul:

Gina, love the fabric. I agree all combinations would offer unique options. Follow your heart, and maybe think of the future purpose of the quilt will help

Thank you Tami Paul!  I am thinking, after another suggestion I got, I may just make two of these quilts as the mystery unravels, and then that way two of the color options are covered!  :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 2:33 PM

tnmtgrl:

Everyone's fabrics are really nice.....jb I like the patriotic theme and Gina your butterflies are beautiful....just remember if at all possible small prints..

Thank you tnmtgrl.  I am wondering...do you think my butterfly fabric is too big of print?  I may have to break down and buy something if this is the case.  I'd hate to lose the butterflies in the quilt if the pieces will be cut too small.  I went through everything in my stash and this was seriously the only three coordinating prints...lol!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 2:39 PM

Gina:
Thank you tnmtgrl.  I am wondering...do you think my butterfly fabric is too big of print?  

Hey Gina...I think you would be disappointed if you used the butterflies...that fabric is too beautiful not to be able to get the whole pattern in......

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 2:42 PM

ls2116:

Oh my those butterflies are too beautiful!  The pic of my fabric didn't look so great, so i might rethink mine

Thank you!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 33,200
Roxana replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 2:59 PM

Jen, will these fabric work or is the print too large? It's in 2 pieces but I have 4 yards. Thanks for your help.

Roxana:

Here's the only fabric I have the yardage in. Does it all have to be in one piece? Four yards is a lot to bite off. What do you all think? Should it be able to work?

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 125

I have made a rule that if I am buying any more fabric, I have to get rid of at least 1.5 times as much as I buy so . . . Am insisting that I use fabrics from my stash for this project. I found these that I have the correct amounts of. They may not be my most favorite colorway, but it  can imagine them making a pretty graphic statement together. What does everyone else think?

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85
Shelley replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 3:33 PM

Nice combo.   Good contrast and love the colors.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 33,200
Roxana replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 3:34 PM

FLCircleGirl:

I have made a rule that if I am buying any more fabric, I have to get rid of at least 1.5 times as much as I buy so . . . can imagine them making a pretty graphic statement together. What does everyone else think?

I like it! Love your rule too!

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 285

Thank you for this info, Jen.  Like a lot of others I was wondering the same thing!  Also I was trying to use up some of my stash.  I have large pieces, but nothing that met the color requirements in those quantities.  We appreciate all the trouble you are going through for all us picky quilters!

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 285

Here are my fabrics, taken from my stash! Can;t wait to get started!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,226
Points 18,945

Gina, Brigit-Carol, Sandra, FLCircleGirl, and Dlhuett330 you all have picked beautiful fabric. I hope my choices will be as nice.

Page 12 of 24 (349 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use