Top 10 Posters

Step 1-Buying the Fabric!

Page 10 of 24 (349 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 348 Replies | 57 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 565
Cindy replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 4:28 PM

I love doing mystery quilts...so I'm in.   It will be fun to see the difference in all the color choices.

Cindy

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 140
Bonny replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 4:54 PM

Here are the fabrics I selected from my stash. It was hard finding pieces with sufficient yardage. I like the combination though so this should work up nicely.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 85

Can't wait to get started! Here's what I picked up today for my mystery quilt. Although the fabric looks blue, the dark is actually purple. The light will be the print and the accent lime green.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 30

Ok, do I need to purchase the same fabric for the 4yards or can I break it up to, maybe 2yards of one fabric and two yards of another ?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 70
Joey replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 6:06 PM

This will also be my first mystery quilt that I'll do. I'm very excited about it. Hope I can manage it right to the end

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 70
Joey replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 6:06 PM

This will also be my first mystery quilt that I'll do. I'm very excited about it. Hope I can manage it right to the end

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 708
Points 14,895
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 6:14 PM

Birdie Sue:

Ok, do I need to purchase the same fabric for the 4yards or can I break it up to, maybe 2yards of one fabric and two yards of another ?

If you don't have to break it up it probably will work better

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 40

Hello Rachel - This is my first MQ with QCA.  I'd like to do a patriotic quilt with red, white, and blue prints to present to a veteran through Quilts of Valor.  Would this color scheme work for the pattern?

Jackie {a.k.a. Sew-excited]

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,197
Points 45,420
ls2116 replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 9:40 PM

Well now i printed just the list so i hop i remember what i did for the rest of instructions.  I'm going to use a wild print that i purchased awhile ago  and forgot why I bought it .  hopefully it'll be ok.  Its way outside my norm as far as fabric goes.  My best description is large floral print one with dark background the other light background.  Am I already not following directions?

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 90

That is a great idea that I might share.  I've only made one Christmasy quilt and we need more.  Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 90
Opiesmom replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 10:02 PM

very nice!

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 90
Opiesmom replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 10:04 PM

THANK YOU Jen!  I really don't have the energy/time to make a large quilt (maybe someday!).  Hope I can do this!  (I'm not good at quilt math, either!)

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 40

Rachel - This is the patriotic fabric I was thinking of using (Fabric #1-Dark blue; Fabric #2-Biege w/American Flags; Fabric #3-Red/White/Blue Hearts as accent fabric if print isn't too big , if it is I can switch it out with red fabric with same pattern/distressed look as the blue fabric):

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,197
Points 45,420
ls2116 replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 11:28 PM

If this works I'll be amazed.  This is what I'm thinking of using.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 231
Points 3,250
Gina replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 11:51 PM

Ok... I sat and pulled out ALL of my stash fabric until I could find three coordinating fabrics that I had enough of each.  The ONLY three that I had enough of that actually coordinated is pictured.  I just don't know which fabric I should use for the light and for the accent, yellow or blue...any suggestions?  The butterfly fabric is what I'm thinking of as the dark fabric, but if anyone who knows the final outcome of this mystery quilt is willing to make a suggestion as to which fabric I should use for what, I'd be greatly appreciative.  I'm even kind of wondering if the blue and yellow should be the light and dark colors and the butterflies the accent... decisions, decisions!

Page 10 of 24 (349 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.