Top 10 Posters

Step 1-Buying the Fabric!

Page 9 of 24 (349 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 348 Replies | 57 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 105
DebbiCT replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 11:07 AM

Is there a place to go to beable to download and or print out each of the weekly instructions?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

tnmtgrl:

slowstitches:

How much of each fabric would be needed for the smaller version?

I would go with half measurements just to be sure you have enough

Thanks Jen. I plan to make a smaller quilt, but will make all the blocks as described. Then I can make it any size I want and may have enough for a smaller quilt, maybe baby size. I'm off to the fabric store today. I have enough of dark and focus but need white on white. I have huge amounts of cream and tan. But my selection requires the light to be close to white.

By the way, I hope to meet up with fellow QCA member Sue, who has been traveling this summer. She's here in Bellingham. If we can make it work, we'll meet (where else) at our local quilt shop!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 25
elliemay1 replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 11:16 AM

How much fabric do I need to make this a king-size quilt?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 25
elliemay1 replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 11:33 AM

Someone may have already asked this but I can't read 125 posts even though would like to. Like others, I usually buy 1, 1.5, and 2 yards of each fabric at a time to add to my stash. I guess my quilt will be a little scrappy. I have loads of Batiks and precuts so I may wait til I see the pattern to decide what fabric to use. Also, guess I can add extra rows or border, depending, to make a king.

Pamela

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 11:36 AM

So very exciting!  I love these QCA Mystery Quilts!  Looking excitedly forward to participating in another one!  Time to dig through my stash to see if I can find fabrics that will work.  My New Year's Resolution for 2014 was to buy as little fabric as possible, and try to use up fabrics from my huge stash.  So far I'm doing good...LOL!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 11:57 AM

Shelley:
I can't bear to use only three fabrics on a quilt, so here is my scrappy stacks of civil war fabrics.   The pinks will be the accent.  If I run low, I will just toss in a few more fabrics.

Shelley I love your choices. I think your quilt will be lovely.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 12:06 PM

OK, those who want to make a smaller quilt can do it with either 8 of each block, or 6 of each block depending on the size you want....you'll need at least 2 1/4 yds. DARK, 1 1/4 yds. LIGHT and 1yd. ACCENT.....the people who want to do kingsize will need .....5 7/8 yds. DARK,  4 5/8 LIGHT and 2 5/8 yds ACCENT

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85
Shelley replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 12:12 PM

Wow Jen!   You are really going above and beyond.   How nice for you to provide different size requirements!   I'll just cut and sew what you tell me too.   Thanks for the hard work everyone.   Ready for those directions, haha

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 12:22 PM

Well I'll keep trying to print it right.  I'm wondering if a large print would work with this one or if I should do solids.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 12:38 PM

Yes, thanks jen for accommodating us spoiled quilters.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 140
Bonny replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 1:00 PM

I'm a sucker for mystery quilts so I'm in. I'll be shopping my stash - no time to go to the store so I hope I have something appropriate.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 1:25 PM

DebbiCT:

Is there a place to go to beable to download and or print out each of the weekly instructions?

Just a note on how I do it... I copy the instructions and paste them into Microsoft Word, then I can print and save them as a Word document.  It's the easiest method that I, personally have been able to come up with.  (Just thought I'd share in case it's something you wanna try for yourself too).

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

DebbiCT:

DebbiCT, you highlight the area of the instructions, copy and then paste into Word (or you could use any text type document). This way, I can save it and have it forever. Also, I can make notes right on the instruction page so I remember any special things or instructions.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 90

I would take the second one because I absolutely love the middle fabric.  However, as mentioned, both are nice.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 90

ALSO...I just got home so can't think.  I would make this out of my stash as well, if I have enough of one color.  Love the new lines for Fall but can't afford them. 

Page 9 of 24 (349 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use