Love mystery quilts!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
Ammer01 Posted: Sun, Aug 31 2014 9:55 AM

And it's not as though I don't have ten other projects or ideas on the back burner.  However ...

Hope I can do this with fabric from my stash - I've promised myself not to buy any new fabric until I've made significant inroads in a room full of fabric that I already have!!!

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 90

What is your favorite thing about mystery quilts? Since I've never done one before I'm interesting in why you love them so much. I guess I'm a bit nervous about this, the whole not having any idea how it'll look in the end thing. 

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
Ammer01 replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 7:15 AM

Actually, I think the "not knowing" is part of what I like.  I'm choosing fabrics I like - or even love - and that helps me to be sure to like/love what is turning out.  (For me the fabric is key.)  The speculation as I complete each clue as to what might be coming is part of the process.  This is less controlled than planning out exactly where each fabric or colour will go in a pattern, but more controlled than a totally scrappy quilt.

If you are careful about the hints they give you on how to choose your fabrics, then you will definitely like the end result.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60

It takes a leap of faith to do a mystery quilt, but carefully choose fabrics you love and that go together well and you won't be disappointed.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,554
Points 377,057
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 8:28 PM

I like mysteries as well but I use them as a chance to try fabrics/colours outside of my comfort zone. I've only made one that I didn't like at the end (brights and florals). I couldn't look at it for long. Another QCA-er was happy to take it off my hands.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I have never made a mystery quilt, but would love to..

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 50

Where do you find the mystery block pattern

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
Ammer01 replied on Tue, Sep 2 2014 6:02 PM

The pattern hasn't been released yet - all you can get so far is information about the fabric you need.  On the home page, on the left side, go down to Mystery Quilt #10.  One of the posts in this section talks about choosing your fabric.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 25

I can't find it either.  I must say this is not an easy site to use. I get frustrated & rely on the magazines I get in the mail.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 25

OK i figured it out, to find step one go to first page of blog & the fabric requirements are described.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,048
Points 35,510
Roxana replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 8:22 PM

hurstville:

Where do you find the mystery block pattern?

It's a FORUM this time around. We only have STEP 1 so far but STEP 2 should come out on Monday, September 8.

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 610

I'm a chicken when it comes to mystery projects.  I bought fabric for one mystery quilt a while back and didn't get around to keeping up with it.  In the end I was glad I didn't because I didn't care for the pattern when it was all done.  I really enjoy seeing what others pick and watching the progress though.  Maybe one of these days I'll get over my fear and give it a try again.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use