Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb Posted: Tue, Aug 26 2014 6:44 PM

I bought this top off of EBay for I really liked the painted birds. I didn't care for the yellow sashing it was too yellowish..

So I took out the sashing and use it in the pinwheel blocks.

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 6:49 PM

I also have been working on some more charity quilts . I have a few more to finish up.

Deb

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 6:54 PM

I needed a rug for the girls bath room. So I pulled out scraps ,old sheets, and old clothes to weave this rug.

Deb

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,789
Points 122,735

Deb. You have been a busy girl.  Love the rug and the quilts. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,805
Points 67,575
Bonita replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:37 PM

Deb, These should make Thea happy. Beautiful job on all your projects.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,305

Deb, you have amazing talents.

Marianne

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Wed, Aug 27 2014 9:04 AM

Deb, I love all your projects!  Wish I had an eye like you, what you did with the birds is awesome and your rug, who'd a thought?  Great work!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,407
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 27 2014 10:03 AM

Fabulous projects Deb. I especially love the updates on the birds.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Wed, Aug 27 2014 10:46 AM

Judy, Marie, Maryanne, Bonita and Kris , thank you for the kind comments! :)

Kris, I had forgotten that I posted about the birds! Wow, my memory is really short sometimes... I have gray hair , does that excuse me? Lol!

Deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,562
Points 246,197
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 27 2014 5:40 PM

Oh Deb, I love you!  I am hurting from my illness and from doing physical labor to get my room ready for my long arm and needed something beautiful to make me smile... Oh and you did - they are gorgeous!  The birds in the first picture look like they are on white and then in the final version the background is yellow - is my computer fooling with me... They are so absolutely gorgious - you did the painted birds a wonderful justice - they are tweeting and cooing and calling you wonderful names and telling all the flying birds outside not to pooooooooooooooooooo on you at anytime.  Just gorgious - Thank you so much!  I truly needed this to help me smile.

DH is making me dinner - blackened chicken alfredo with asparagus(he hates it - I love asparagus) and garlic herb bread... Yummy!  

He almost has my room done - I did two coats of base paint on the walls yesterday and we have to do the final coat - the floor has 3 coats of poly on it and will have one more coat this evening after we paint the ceiling... then basically the room is ready for the Long arm - which will arrive TOMORROW - it traveled from California and was in TX this morning and when I just checked was in Oklahoma City which means it will travel to Enid this evening and be delivered tomorrow by 8 pm.  the truck from our local UPS place goes out in the morning and usually stops at our house on its way back in as we are really close - which doesn't bother me - we will have the time tomorrow to finish the semi-gloss on the walls and figure out if I am going to put the carpet under the long arm or throw it out... I hate to throw it out but my Mom really destroyed my hand woven wool rug - not much I could do about it -  but it does make me sad as I saved for 2 years to buy that rug... oh well... just material things - can't take them with me - 

Oh you made me smile so so so much - thank you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,562
Points 246,197
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 27 2014 5:44 PM

Deb:

I needed a rug for the girls bath room. So I pulled out scraps ,old sheets, and old clothes to weave this rug.

Love the charity quilts and have a question - how long did it take you to make the rug!  I remember making rag rugs with my Mom when I was a little girl - we made big ones for the living room and dining room - braiding the cloth and then weaving it around in a circle and then enlarging them to oval - it was fun when I was a girl - not sure with these arthritic hands I could do it again - but I like the small one you made and might try that with scraps for my bathroom... hmmmm ...more ideas to do - first though I have to learn to use my long arm - I got a chair like Kris recommended - DH put it together today - I think it will work great - the back part is fit right to my lower back and will give me lots of support.  

Thank you again!  I have a HUGE SMILE on my face today!  I wish I had energy to do the quilting dance but that will be another day!  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Wed, Aug 27 2014 7:04 PM

Thea, the first picture of the birds was the picture that was posted on eBay . I was surprised by the bright yellow when I received the top. It just gave me more of a challenge to make the birds lovely.

the rugs takes me about 4 days to make, if I stick at it . I often work on something like this in the evening with my feet prompted up.

I am so glad that I was able to brighten your day!! :)  Hugs

Have fun with that new "TOY" !  I would love to see it all set up!

Deb

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use