cotton fabric in the color of tiger oak

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
310 Posts
Points 4,690
Marianne Nowicki posted on Mon, Aug 25 2014 10:57 AM

I have been searching for cotton that looks like tiger oak.  I want to make a sewing machine cover that matches  the top of my treadle machine.  Joanns fabric store doesn't have any in stock in their store in Tallahassee fl.   Has anybody seen brown fabric that looks like tiger oak?

Thanks for your help.

Marianne

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
904 Posts
Points 17,135

If you don't find what you want, you can go to spoonflower.com and design your own fabric. You send them an image and they make it into fabric.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
310 Posts
Points 4,690

Carol, thank you so very much for  your advise.  I had no idea that spoonflower.com existed.  Thanks again.  Marianne

Top 100 Contributor
Female
904 Posts
Points 17,135

You're welcome, Marianne. When I needed fabric with a chemistry theme, I bought Periodic Table of the Elements fabric from Spoonflower. The only problem was with the width of the fabric. The fabric measured 42 inches wide but the selvedges were 2 inches wide. So there was only 38 inches of usable fabric. But you wouldn't need much for  your project so that shouldn't matter.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
401 Posts
Points 5,940

Carol, thanks for sharing this information about spoonflower.  I didn't know it was possible to order fabric the way you want it!  That would have come in handy about 3 years ago so I'm making note of it now!!

Barbara

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
310 Posts
Points 4,690

Thanks again Carol, I have looked at their  web side briefly.  It's good to know how wide the fabric is.  I will explore  everything they have to offer, because our son in Berlin wants a motor cycle table runner.   I have thought about buying t shirts with motor cycles in the front. 

I really appreciate your help. 

Marianne

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use