Posts 40
Points 675

Thanks Rachel, I will do xx

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675

Hey Zoe,

thanks for your encouragement. I'm glad I could inspire you back into action. 

Look forward to hearing about your workout :-) 

Hayley xx

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675

Thanks Susie, 

Thank you for your kind words. I won't let them bully me don't worry. I intend it take things at my own pace and not try to over achieve so I disappoint myself. I won't put my knees at risk, five knee  surgeries makes me cautious

Hayley xx

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675

Thanks Marie, 

i'm plodding on to get to my goal.

Hayley xx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 602
Points 9,590
Joyce replied on Tue, Aug 19 2014 6:52 PM

Hayley you made my evening letting us know about your life changes.  I have by my cardiologist and regular doctor to loose weight and exercise.  I have been very resistant to it all.  My friend called me yesterday and we have joined a weight management at the hospital in Annapolis given by Mayo clinic.  It will be a 12 week class.  Only 12 people in the class.  I will see how I do and if I can do it.  Right now I'm having a hard time getting in the mood.  I also found the results of a sleep study I had done and now I need a c pap (not sure of spelling) machine as I stop breathing completely at times and other times my oxygen level drops due to obstructive sleep.  Doc thinks if I loose 20 lbs it might help.  So will try the machine while I try to loose weight.  Also my A1C1 was up last blood test.  I have been working on cutting things back for the sugar and doing ok.  This stinks I like to eat.  :)  Enough stinkin thinking will try to think postive.  Hey maybe we need to set up a weight & health site on here.  Can we do that or does it have to be quilting?  

Joyce

Md

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675

Hey Joyce,

I'm glad I have made you think about your challenge. It is not easy finding the right head space but take baby steps and soon your successes will make you want to achieve more. It sounds like you will find some motivation at the weight management class. It will be interesting to see what they say. I just went cold turkey on eating clean, it wasn't as hard as I though though once I had started. I try to always make sure I have healthy choices for meals in the fridge and fruit available and if I fancy something salty I have some popcorn. It's better for you than Crisps and it works for me. 

I'm if you want to natter in more detail

Hayley xx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,294
Points 29,260
Agnes replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 9:25 AM

I have found no matter what route I decide to take to weight loss or any other matter the most important thing is going in with a positive attitude. If I don't I'm sunk before I start. Also for me going in with the motivation of better health which means better eating habits and food choices is a large part of the battle won rather than thinking of it as a diet. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,280

Donna,

I'm feeling with you.  I had really bad cancer surgery in 2012, followed by a total body infection, balance problems ( I do need a walker now or a cane) and two more surgeries in 2012.  From having drains in my chest I had to sleep in a recliner for several month and that gave me restless leg syndrome.  On top of that I have severe allergies.  I have been feeling very sick lately  and I finally found out that my intestinal problems come from the red shell around my BP tablet.  Knock me over with a feather!!!  I started to do patchwork, because concentrating on getting my corners to match perfectly makes the pain in my chest go into the background.  But I am exercising daily on a stationary bike.  I do 5 miles a day in short sessions.  You should invest in one of those bikes.  I bought mine used.

Marianne

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 2:49 PM

Good for you Hayley on your life changes. 28 lbs is a lot of weight to take off, it's a great motivator to keep going.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 3:25 PM

Hayley I take my hat off to you!  Your motivation encourages others.  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,375
Points 37,425
Linda replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 9:18 PM

ls2116:

Hayley I take my hat off to you!  Your motivation encourages others.  

Haley I could use some of that motivation. I've lost 30 lbs in the last year, but could stand to loose another 15-20 lbs. I've shrunk 3" in height so it changes how much I need to loose. I'm not allowed to do much exercises. Congratulations on your success!

Hugs.

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use