Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 25
Lisa Posted: Fri, Aug 15 2014 10:06 AM

Hello, My name is Lisa, I work for the University of Michigan and I started a facebook page dedicated to auctioning quilts and wall hangings to raise money for an ultra rare cancer (adrenocortical cancer) or ACC.  This cancer is very aggressive and can effect anyone from age 1 to 100.  Federal funding for an ultra rare cancer is hard to come by, so patients and families have taken things into their own hands.  Fundraising has allowed the research to continue in efforts to find a cure for this awful cancer.  100% of the proceeds from auctioned quilts on my site go to Dr. Gary Hammer's adrenal cancer research at the UofM.  Anyone that donates a quilt or wall hanging will receive a special QACC thank you ribbon from me.  The patients and families have found my pages and the quilting to be a happy place for them.  Some have sponsored a memorial quilt in the name of a loved one that has passed, others have made donations in the name of a loved one.  The quilting is something I enjoy as a hobby and what I call my therapy.  Please see my page at:  victors.us/QuiltingforACC or www.facebook.com/pages/Quilting-for-Adrenocortical-Cancer-ACC/326473934124144  

Thank you,

Lisa

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,931
Points 383,357
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 15 2014 10:51 AM

Wonderful cause Lisa. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use