I want to share My "new" treadle machine. Dhe is now sitting in her 5 drawer table

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 359
Points 5,355
Marianne Nowicki Posted: Fri, Aug 15 2014 8:07 AM

I have been trying to treadle, but the thread broke when I lost the rhythm.  My DH has installed a retched that prevents the hand wheel from turning back wards.  That's what I'm hoping.  I will practice just treadling f without thread or a needle or a while, until my feet and my brain will co operate all the time.  I've took a picture of the sewing I managed with my hand on the wheel to prevent it from turning backwards.  Marianne

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,050
Points 385,642
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 15 2014 10:44 AM

What a beautiful machine Marianne. Keep practicing  you'll get the hang of it. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 359
Points 5,355

Thank you very much Kris.

Marianne

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 20,605
weezee56 replied on Fri, Aug 15 2014 2:21 PM

She looks great.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 359
Points 5,355

Thanks Weeze,

my DH worked hard to get the top look like almost new.  He's been also  trying to treadle .  We're both into learning new things. :~)

Marianne

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,600
Points 48,450

Marianne, your machine is beautiful! I would love to have a treadle, not that I need it. But, I wouldn't feel guilty about sewing since I would be exercising at the same time, LOL.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 359
Points 5,355

Pat,

Thank you for your reply.  I  had the same idea about exercising my feet while sewing.  My mother used to have a treadle machine when I was a little girl and it looked so easy.  It's not that easy to  get the rhythm  just right or the thread breaks.  I'm practicing daily and maybe one day I'll get good enough to sew a block together.  But the machine looks good just as an ornament?  . She's a keeper.

Marianne

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 720
Laura G replied on Tue, Aug 19 2014 7:15 AM

Oh how great !  She's beautiful -- Enjoy!

Laura G

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.