Top 10 Posters

Which longarm should I buy?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
5 Posts
Points 145
Claja99 posted on Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:23 PM

Funds are limited (of course!), but DH has said that he wants me to have a longarm. O joy!  I spent several hours in a dealer's showroom, trying various brands and I'm leaning toward a Juki with a steel table, not wood.  It is not the fastest, nor the slowest, (2300SPI) but seems well made and has many convenient features.  Stitch regulation, naturally, stop/start and needle up/down on the handlebars.  Can be controlled from the rear as well as the front.  It is made in Japan, not China.  Anyone with experience on this brand?  Price point for this is around $6900 with table and two days of instruction.  In home setup, one year warranty.

Any advice?

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
808 Posts
Points 15,300

I'm not familiar with the Juki but that sounds like a great deal!  You're getting a lot for that price. Make sure you find out their service policy. Does the dealer do the service? Will they assist you over the phone free of charge?  Congratulations!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
18 Posts
Points 200

my first midarm is a juki I've had it since 2003 and it still runs like a top I have since moved up to a long arm really two I bought my first one used from APQS in 2008 and used it up to last fall when I got my new Lucey also by APQS love them all but still have my juki too..

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use