Page 3 of 8 (114 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 113 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,280

Donna,

It's good that you're getting back to quilting.  Don't let Mr. hateful win.   I also have  an x  that's a louse, but thankfully he's in Germany and I'm here.  What was I thinking when I married the louse?  I'm just glad that you have found a nice man who loves you.  I'm also very lucky that I found my second DH.  We're married for 50 years now.  I wish you the same luck with yours.

Marianne

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Thanks Marianne.

SpringerMom, Theo has not made his appearance yet. If he isn't here by next Thursday then they will induce her next Friday morning. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Sat, Aug 23 2014 7:41 PM

Mamags, so sorry to read of all your pain! Praying for strength for you! Your granddaughter is so adorable!! Please let us all know when the little one arrives. :)

Yes, quilting is a therapy for many for many different reasons! I don't have very many aches and pains , some migraines that do get me down for a day or two. I do have a daughter that suffers a lot . Her little body is giving out. She needs lots of care, which I'm very happy to do for her.It does tie one down to home a lot. So quilting keeps me content where I am in life, and to deal with the pain of a suffering sweetheart .

so glad your a friend! Hugs :)

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Thanks Deb. No little one yet. Ivy has done worn MeeMaw out. My body aches all over & I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. Back to bed for me. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,528
Points 177,403
Marie replied on Sun, Aug 24 2014 7:21 AM

Donna, love your table runner, I agree it looks like sherbet!  So nice you'll be there when your grandchild is born, your granddaughter is a cutie patootie.  Looks like you'll be there awhile so pace  yourself  so you don't have too much pain.  I know we mom's and grandma's will go through any pain for our off-spring.  Enjoy your time with them and let us know when the happy event occurs.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Thanks Marie. I'm taking it easy today. No long walks for this MeeNaw my heart & muscle memory are still there but I just physically can't keep up anymore. Oh well. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Sun, Aug 24 2014 8:25 PM

OMG Donna, your ex sounds like my ex. When I moved back to Ohio, he told my DGS to tell me there wasn't enough room in Ohio for both of us and if I didn't leave he would make sure I left in a pine box. I told them to tell him to leave.

It took 3 long years for my disability to get approved. If it weren't for QCA and some of the women like Marie, Nana, Agnes, Barbara, Nancy, Thea, and many more, I don't know how I would have made it through the past 4 years. They have been the best therapists and they are free! I've been sewing and quilting for decades and it has always been relaxing for me and my time with God.

Will add you to my prayers. Some day I may tell you all my ailments.

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Sun, Aug 24 2014 8:47 PM

Linda and Donna and any others in the same predicament with obnoxious exes I am so sorry to hear of all your trials with them. I myself wish my dear and only hubby was still with me but it was not to be. So for other reasons I am still very aware of the power of positive thinking. Just as high on my list is my firm belief that hobbies may be no less expensive than prescription drugs but they give me far more pleasure than any drugs could.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,528
Points 177,403
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 8:06 AM

Linda:
It took 3 long years for my disability to get approved. If it weren't for QCA and some of the women like Marie, Nana, Agnes, Barbara, Nancy, Thea, and many more, I don't know how I would have made it through the past 4 years. They have been the best therapists and they are free!

Linda, this brought tears to my eyes.  I have always prayed that my words and prayers would bring comfort, strength and hope to someone and what do I read first thing this morning is this.  Thank you God, you are so good!  And thank you Linda for saying this.  I know my QCA family brought me through some bad times and they continue to be there for me as well.  We are blessed to have each other.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Geez Linda. I don't know why some x's just can't move on. We aren't their property to toss around. I'm just like you. I wouldn't have made it thru this trying time without quilting & all you wonderful ladies on QCA. 

No Theo yet. I did get my first MeeMaw battle wound. Ivy head butted me. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 8:14 PM

Marie:

Linda:
It took 3 long years for my disability to get approved. If it weren't for QCA and some of the women like Marie, Nana, Agnes, Barbara, Nancy, Thea, and many more, I don't know how I would have made it through the past 4 years. They have been the best therapists and they are free!

Linda, this brought tears to my eyes.  I have always prayed that my words and prayers would bring comfort, strength and hope to someone and what do I read first thing this morning is this.  Thank you God, you are so good!  And thank you Linda for saying this.  I know my QCA family brought me through some bad times and they continue to be there for me as well.  We are blessed to have each other.  (((((HUGS)))))

How true Marie. Friends are the greatest treasure God has given us.

Hugs, Linda

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Still no Theo. looks like they will induce on Friday.

Ivy's 1st time at JoAnn's. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,549
Points 245,907
Thea replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:44 AM

Firday is John McCain's birthday - senator from Arizone - if you are Republican couldn't pick a better day to share with him... a wounded soldier, a POW, and has given of the rest of his life so far supporting his government with his time.  A good day to be born.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 288
Points 4,705

Donna, Ivy is just adorable and has so many cute expressions! I love this age... they are so unaffected and genuine in their reactions to the world around them. Hope Theo decides today is the day for his entrance!   

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Still no Theo even after walking the grounds at the DC Temple. 

Page 3 of 8 (114 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use