Page 1 of 8 (114 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 113 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam Posted: Wed, Aug 13 2014 3:40 PM

Well I am back from Florida.  The hearing was awful.  My ex somehow created an account in our club and has been monitoring my messages.

Hi Chris! Cause I am sure he will see this one as well.

Apparently I am not allowed as a disabled person to quilt.  Apparently I am not allowed to have all of you as friends. Apparently I am not allowed to walk across the street with my Granny Cart with my daughter and go food shopping. Apparently I am not allowed to move my sewing room across the hall with the assistance of my daughter. Apparently I am not allowed to walk my dogs in the morning.  The reason being that if I am physically able to do these things including cooking or canning as well as social media then I should be able to work a full time job. Doesn't seem to matter that my Dr's, Therapist & SSA have approved me for disability benefits and have declared me disabled since 6/13/13.  Doesn't seem to matter that the things I do and when I do them is at the mercy of my illnesses and depression. 

Conveniently all my posts regarding my illnesses, & depression and how I use quilting, and this club, for my therapy in order to keep me on the planet were omitted.

Anyhow enough of the rant just wanted you to be aware that there is an impostor in our midst pretending to be a quilter when in all actuality one of our members is my ex husband.

Quilt on Ladies

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 3:55 PM

Donna, shame on him and the powers that be at the disability end.  Prayers that things work out for the best for you.  Keep your chin up, I've heard that every disability claim is denied once or twice before it kicks in.  It's the one's who really don't require disability and get it who spoil it for everyone.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495

Oh no Marie. I was approved for disability. My ex is trying to make it sound like because I can quilt that I shouldn't be and go back to work. No one is going to hire someone who is constantly out of work do to migraines, ulcerative colitis, sciatica, overactive bladder & arthritis. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,804
Points 67,570
Bonita replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 7:49 PM

Donna, sorry that you have to put up with such a jerk. It's to bad that the ex just won't move on and let go. I think his screen name should be " i'm an A**"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,392
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 8:50 PM

For shame Donna. What a sorry human being. His life must be really boring if he has nothing better to do than troll a quilting site. 

If he has been paying attention he will see that many of us on here have some kind of ailment that makes everyday activity difficult.

Tell that loser to get a life.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 4,840

Donna,

I'm sorry to hear it didn't go well for you at the hearing.   You know the saying....."what goes around comes around".  I hope he's ready for it!!

Barbara

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 732
Points 14,195

Hmmmm..... My 89 year old mother knits and crochets and takes her dog in the yard on a leash. Maybe she should get a job.  :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Thu, Aug 14 2014 6:51 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:
I was approved for disability

So glad you were approved, Donna, thought the hearing you went to was all about that, sorry.  I agree with "what goes around comes around" so don't you worry about that.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495

Thanks everyone.  The stress of the trial has just been too much for me.  I was so sick last night.  From both ends at the same time.  I almost past out in it.  My poor husband had to clean me and the mess up.  Thank Heavenly Father for that man. He is my rock and salvation. What a blessing he has been to me.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495

K this is what I was able to complete today.  Not much.  Personalized the bag my mommy gave me.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495

According to my x she should Carol. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495

Thanks Kris.  My x conveniently didn't show any of those posts.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 15 2014 7:55 AM

Donna, Sorry that the hearing didn't go well.  what exactly did he accomplish if you are approved for disability?  What is he after?  He sounds like an absolutely horrendous man.  I am 100% disabled by the VA - I can not work at all and if not for this site and my "hobby" of quilting I would have left this world a long time ago.  Maybe they should take those things in to consideration.  I am what is called an A personality and my doctors said for a person with this personality it is the hardest thing to realize that you can't do everything anytime you want.  I had to learn to partition my life.  Learn to let dust grow in corners and not have to have everything sparkling clean.  I still do too much for what they want me to do and it shows... my neck and lower back are still deteriorating which they say would have slowed down if I had slowed down... i told them I did slow down... I, also, can lose myself in my sewing and not have to take as many pain meds as I do when I am not able to sew - so that I would think is good because they don't want you to feel pain but at the same time they don't want you to take the medications that they prescribe to reduce the feeling of that pain.  

I am so very sorry that your EX is such a butt... I think that anything that enables a person to feel whole and able to contribute something should be touted as wonderful and for me that thing is quilting.  I really do not know what I would do if I did not have it.  

And this site of all social media sites is wonderful.  The women on here - most who have disabilities but want to feel whole and wonderful have a great support system because we all know and understand but we also know that all of us want to be productive.  

I have been helped so much on here - able to vent and scream at times but also to be able to share the wonderful quilts that I make and know that the women here will love them even if there are many mistakes in them because I can not be perfect anymore.

You keep your head held high and if your EX ever comes in contact with me he will be walking away with his head held down for the shame I will make him feel.  

Keep going girl!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495

Thea thank you so much for you post. I have been so down since the trial. Just seems they want to profit either from my SS disability or me going back to work which is impossible. My depression is now worse than my Lupus ailments cause they made me feel worthless & like quilting was more important than my twins. They do to understand that if I don't have a project or something to look forward to than I might not as well be here. 

Did get up enough energy to make my niece a Honey Bee Folklore Table Runner. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 1:41 PM

Oh Mamag!  My heart breaks for you!  I'll keep you in my prayers that everything gets fixed quickly. 

Your bee runner is lovely!  Orange is such a cheerful color! 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 1 of 8 (114 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use