Hi Everyone, Introducing myself...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 65
AuntNene Posted: Fri, Aug 8 2014 4:06 PM

It's great to be a part of the Quilters Club of America.  I am new to quilting.  In my world that means I have started about 6 new quilt tops but yet to tackle quilting and binding.  The thought of those last two steps strike fear in my bones.  I hope to learn from all of you that my fear is unfounded!!!  

I am retired and my husband and I enjoy traveling around the world.  

Thanks,

AuntNene

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 6:53 PM

Welcome, Aunt Nene!! I'm sure your going to overcome your fear of quilting and binding ! The ladies here can give wonderful advice!

oh you must have a lot of fun traveling together!! :)  I mostly travel by books and computer. :))

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Sat, Aug 9 2014 2:13 AM

Welcome from East Tennessee and join the fun.  We enjoy sharing our love of quilting.  I was in your shoes many years ago with finishing quilts.  I started by tying them but I've gotten into free motion quilting on small quilts on my home sewing machine.  Ask away if you have problems.  Someone will have the answer.   If you do a lot of traveling, there's lots of us from all over the country.  You may be close to someone here and not know it.  Just jump right in.

Diana in East Tn.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,280

Welcome AuntNene and nice meeting you.  I'm also new to quilting, but I'm learning.  I have not quilted a quilt either, but I did binding after getting the quilt back from the quilt shop.

Here is a tutorial on binding a quilt from the Missouri quilt Co.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vCWpxBRs20

They did a fantastic job on my quilt.   Have fun learning. 

My husband and I traveled Europe before emigrating to the USA in 1969.  We have traveled some here, by going to dog shows all over.

Marianne

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,247
Kris replied on Sat, Aug 9 2014 8:23 PM

Welcome Aunt Nene.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Sun, Aug 10 2014 6:09 AM

Hi and welcome AuntNene!  Glad you've joined us.  I lost count of all my tops, don't mind the binding but still trying to build up courage to quilt them.  I've finished many quilts but just did stitch in the ditch on them or I sent them out to a longarmer.  Too expensive for the latter so there they sit.  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,456
Points 416,679
gini replied on Sun, Aug 10 2014 11:39 PM

hi auntnene.  the only way to learn to quilt is to jump right in with both feet and go for it.  your quilting won't look too good at first, but you will quickly get better

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use