Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,615
Judi Posted: Tue, Aug 5 2014 10:00 PM

I have seen both the new BabyLock and Brother YouTube videos on the new machines.  They are fabulous.  I just wanted to know what are the differences in the machines?  I figure someone must have more expertise than I and other than the Disney stuff, I really couldn't find any differences in the capabilities.  What about software?  I know that BabyLock's price and upgrades are much more economical than my Viking stuff.

I don't want to ask about your dealer's prices, but is there a price difference between Brother and BabyLock  for the top of the line machines?  I am really considering selling my Vikings as I don't get real support from the company and the software upgrades are just too expensive in comparison to otherer software out there.  I also loved the idea that I can scan the design right on the machine.  I have an excellent BabyLock Dealer and I have a Brother Dealer who sells Viking so I could do some kind of trade.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 904
Points 17,135

I've seen the video on the Babylock Destiny, too, and love it!  I know it's going to be thousands of dollars but I really want one!  I haven't seen anywhere that gives the date of when they'll be available, only that you can preorder now and get a pretty nice extra package with the preorder. I'm going to be attending some Statler classes sponsored by the place where I bought my Gammill, in Ohio, but not until October. They sell Babylocks, too. I am very tempted to just get out there before October, if they have a demo model to see more of what it does, and to find out the price.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Sat, Aug 9 2014 8:37 PM

Brother and Babylock are the same machines with different brand names. Both are made by the same company. There should be no significant differences except for price.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 4,690

Kris,

that is good  information, thank you.

I just noticed that there isn't a big difference in quality anymore, since almost all sewing machines are manufactured in Asia.  We purchased a Bernina, made in Asia and the first one right out of the box malfunctioned.  The second one had issues with the bobbin tension.  And all that for $1400.- plus tax.

Marianne

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,615
Judi replied on Sun, Aug 10 2014 4:53 PM

Does the Brother have the threaded that BabyLock has?  I am seriously considering. One dealer has both Viking and Brother and I know I could trade with them, but their "classes leave much to be desired. The other shop has Brother and BabyLock and great classes and support. But I would have to sell my Diamond and SE myself.   I have the box for my Diamond, I think but not my SE.  

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use