Mug Rugs

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
40 Posts
Points 675
Beastsgirl posted on Sat, Aug 2 2014 1:54 PM

Hi Guys,

i thought I would like to make Mug Rugs for Christmas gifts this year, does anyone have a suggestion for an online resource where I can find patterns or suggest a good book that I could buy

Thanks

Hayley xx

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
654 Posts
Points 11,285

https://www.google.com/search?q=mug+rug+directions&oq=mug+rug&aqs=chrome.4.69i57j0l5.10812j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

I thought this might be the best help for you, most of these are free.  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
302 Posts
Points 4,595

Hayley, Here is a tutorial on how to make mug rugs or snow flakes for Christmas   Marianne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiFOsVye6IE

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Points 675

Thanks Zoe, that's great. Mug rug planning here I come :-) 

Hayley xx

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Points 675

Thanks Zoe... Let the mug rug planning commence 

Hayley xx

Not Ranked
40 Posts
Points 675

Thanks Marianne, I just watched this it's really cool :-) I'm gonna definitely give it a try :-) xx

Top 200 Contributor
Female
302 Posts
Points 4,595

Have fun making the snow flakes or mug rugs. I have made about 10  patriotic ones and I'm going to make some for Halloween and for Christmas snow flakes to send to my High School friend Elke and my friend Rita.

Marianne

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,611 Posts
Points 247,162
Thea replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 1:50 PM

Hayley, I made some different mug rugs just using different blocks.  I haven't really looked for a pattern on line but it would be fun to practice single blocks and then border them - plus you can practice quilting on them.  I have made quite a few this year.  Some with the log cabin block and I took a rectangular piece to the left that I put stars on for the 4th of July... I think the friendship block would do great for this.  Have fun!

Not Ranked
40 Posts
Points 675

I'm going to enjoy making them I think, they look adorable. I'll be posting pics when they are done xx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,412 Posts
Points 38,005
Linda replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 1:59 PM

I started out with simple quilt blocks, then graduated to simple candle mats, now I use either a 7 x 9 or 10 x15" rectangle and duplicate a picture or create a picture on it. I have made so many mug rugs this year. I've made seasonal ones, ones for specific people,  birthday ones, and my favorite...snowman ones. The more you make the more ideas you will get and the more fun you will have.

Enjoy!

Hugs.

Not Ranked
40 Posts
Points 675

That's a great idea, thanks Thea. I'm feeling all inspired now :-) xx

Not Ranked
40 Posts
Points 675

Thanks Linda I really hadn't thought of that :-) 

Hayley xx

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use