Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 50
fightinglady Posted: Tue, Jul 29 2014 8:41 AM

Hi, 

My mother was an avid quilter. She recently passed away after a long illness. I have an extravagant quilting room at her home, Bernina Artista 200 machine, several other and a lifetime of fabrics and cd's and threads. I would like to give away some things, but other things of value will be sold to those who can use them. Any help is appreciated. Bart 786-553-1311

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875

Hi fightinglady, Sorry about the loss of your mother. You might try getting in touch with a local quilter's guild. They would likely be happy to help you with donations and ways to sell her quilting equipment. 

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 4,690

Hi fightinglady,

You have my heart felt sympathy for loosing your mother.  I lost my mother 45 years ago, her grave is in Ft Myers.  May I suggest  to hold on to some of her sewing machines or at least the oldest one, just in case.  I have some needle work my mother did for me and I treasure that.  It's something I can touch that still makes a connection and  the needle works will go to my children after I have gone to where my mother resides now.  The needle work is art knitting and my mom made beautiful doilies for me.

Marianne

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 31 2014 11:05 AM

Sorry about the loss of your mother.  Don't be too hasty in selling off things, take a while to make up your mind about what stays and goes, you'll be glad you did.  

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use